Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Ridgid Saw Blades for their Miter Saw?

I have seen these around on ebay and was wondering if anyone has used them before? And if so how do they hold up for the price.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100079059

They seem to be going for around $40 on ebay and look well made but just wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience.

Thanks in advance...

Re: Anyone use Ridgid Saw Blades for their Miter Saw?

The Ridgid Titanium line is made by Freud. They're good blades but they appear to be made more comparably to the Diablo and TK/Avanti lines while being priced closer to the Freud Industrial line. You can usually get the Industrial line on sale for less than the Ridgid Titanium, and they offer thicker carbide and a wider selection.

I'd also caution against using a thin kerf for a 12" blade....it's a wide span which will make it more prone to flexing than a 10" TK. As a possible alternative for good value blades, check out the Oshlun blades....Holbren and Amazon carry them.

Comment

I purchased the Ridgid 10" 90T blade. I love it! Very clean and smooth cuts. Much better than the previous 80T Marathon blade!

Comment

Like Heywood said, they're made by Freud. The titanium line-up by Ridgid are pretty darned good blades - hold their sharpness pretty good, and cut quite nice. I use them on my MaxSelect circular saw. I'll pretty much only use various Freud blades on my circs or other smaller diameter saws. For my dad's mitre saw, we use a Freud blade on the 10", and Bosch blades on the 12".

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone, I jump and bought a 100 tooth from ebay for around $40 shipped. I will post what I think once I get it.

Comment

Working...
          X