Ridgid 12" SCMS and MSUV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 12" SCMS and MSUV

I just picked up the 12" Ridgid Slider and Miter Saw Utility vehicle, from Home Depot without waiting out the Black Friday MAD RUSH. It was already on sale Wednesday Night.

I was just wondering if the MSUV had the LSA also, I didn't see the form in the box. Thanks in advance.

Re: Ridgid 12" SCMS and MSUV

Originally posted by MikeD22 View Post
    I was just wondering if the MSUV had the LSA also, I didn't see the form in the box. Thanks in advance.
    Great picks for the PRE-BF specials! I like the AC9944 MSUV over the older version. The MSUV warranty is:
    **90-day satisfaction guarantee
    **3 year limited service

Keep a copy of all receipts/UPC and register the SCMS within 90 days

Comment

What were the prices???

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
        What were the prices???
        Looks like a lot of companies started BF early
        http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21486

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
          Looks like a lot of companies started BF early
          http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21486
          That is the deal that I picked up, on my way out to the shop now to make sure it is square. Last night I put together the stand!!!

Comment

I just pick up the Ridgid 12" SCMS and MSUV, on black friday sale morning at a local HD, for a really good deal, the Ridgid 12" SCMS shown on the ad was $349.99, but when I got there, saw a hand written sign said, was $349.99 = now $249.99, that was miss placed on this saw, so HD staff have to marked down $100 for me on the saw, due to an error that they made, and they immediately removed the sign, that was suppose to be the none 12" slide version, But oh well, I'm glad that I were lucky that morning, I just put them together couple of hours ago, haven't run it yet, but will, I got a couple of spring projects, that I'm going to do, I was going to get the 10" Ridgid portable table saw $449.99, but a bit too much for me, I'll get it when there is a sale. Just grab this 12" SCMS first since there was a big sale on it.

Comment

No, the MSUV is not one of the tools covered by the LLSA Program.
              ================================================== ====
              ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by tech_table View Post
                I just pick up the Ridgid 12" SCMS and MSUV, on black friday sale morning at a local HD, for a really good deal, the Ridgid 12" SCMS shown on the ad was $349.99, but when I got there, saw a hand written sign said, was $349.99 = now $249.99, that was miss placed on this saw, so HD staff have to marked down $100 for me on the saw, due to an error that they made, and they immediately removed the sign, that was suppose to be the none 12" slide version, But oh well, I'm glad that I were lucky that morning, I just put them together couple of hours ago, haven't run it yet, but will, I got a couple of spring projects, that I'm going to do, I was going to get the 10" Ridgid portable table saw $449.99, but a bit too much for me, I'll get it when there is a sale. Just grab this 12" SCMS first since there was a big sale on it.
                GREAT DEAL, You will enjoy it. Good luck with it.

Comment

to those of you that have the MSUV.....

How do you transport it between job sites? Do none of you work alone? I picked up one this weekend, great price, put it together, lots of nice features, but being light is not one of them. I know it was going to be way to heavy to transport around when I lifted just the base out of the box. I can barely lift it into my truck, let alone up some stairs. If only I worked in buildings with elevators. This is going back next week. I am sticking with my ryobi stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason-oregon View Post
                    to those of you that have the MSUV.....

How do you transport it between job sites? Do none of you work alone? I picked up one this weekend, great price, put it together, lots of nice features, but being light is not one of them. I know it was going to be way to heavy to transport around when I lifted just the base out of the box. I can barely lift it into my truck, let alone up some stairs. If only I worked in buildings with elevators. This is going back next week. I am sticking with my ryobi stand.
                    You get one trade off or another with these stands - durability, stable support, and rigidity, OR, lightweight and ease of transportation. You really can't have both.

Comment

I also forgot to mention/ask that the stand is somewhat wobbly when set up. It tightens up when you put the supports out and down, but still "rolls" a little. I wish there was a way to lock the wheels or when it is set up the wheels are not engaged. Just my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason-oregon View Post
                        I also forgot to mention/ask that the stand is somewhat wobbly when set up. It tightens up when you put the supports out and down, but still "rolls" a little. I wish there was a way to lock the wheels or when it is set up the wheels are not engaged. Just my $0.02.
                        I use a small quick-release plastic bar clamp to lock the folding legs to the metal support for additional "stiffness". This reduces lateral movement by about an 1/2 inch from the msuv.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                          I use a small quick-release plastic bar clamp to lock the folding legs to the metal support for additional "stiffness". This reduces lateral movement by about an 1/2 inch from the msuv.
                          Can you explain further? Sounds good but I'm just a little unclear of where you mean.

Comment

Can you explain further? Sounds good but I'm just a little unclear of where you mean.
                            IMO the current MSUV design is one of the best but I prefer to have minimal movement in the folding legs when it is fully extended and locked. I use one 6" Quick-Grip bar clamp to clamp the folding leg against the stationary bar that is part of the double loop handle. The clamp stops virtually all movement from the folding leg.

I have no issues with the other end of the MSUV (wheels).

camera is charging.....
                            Last edited by reConx; 12-01-2008, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Name:  7a8d29a46427a180050b6db77de7e590.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  290.9 KB

If they can put wheel stops on a stroller then they can certainly put them on a MSUV......hmmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X