X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday / Holiday sales...

What do you guys plan on getting? Any one know of any good combo cordless set sales???

Re: Black Friday / Holiday sales...

Originally posted by gopher2 View Post
    What do you guys plan on getting? Any one know of any good combo cordless set sales???
    BF@HD
    DeWalt 18-Volt 3-Piece Compact Combo Kit - $229.00
    DeWalt 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit - $99.00
    Makita 10.8-Volt 2-Piece Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit - $179.00
    Makita 18-Volt Hammer Drill/Impact Combo Kit - $199.00
    Ridgid 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver - $99.00
    Ryobi 12-Volt 4-Piece Lithium-Ion Combo Kit - $149.00
    Ryobi 12-Volt Drill - $19.97
    Ryobi 18-Volt Combo Kit - $59.97 *
    Ryobi 3.6-Volt Stick Driver - $9.97 *
    Ryobi 4-Volt Lithium Ion Screwdriver - $29.97
    Ryobi One+ 18-Volt 2-Speed Hammer Drill - $69.97
    Ryobi One+ 18-Volt 4-Piece Super Combo w/Torque IV Drill - $159.00

BF@Lowes
    Black & Decker 24-Volt 4-Piece Cordless Combo Kit - $59.97
    Black & Decker 3.6V SmartDriver Cordless Drill - $19.97
    Black & Decker 9.6V Cordless Drill/Driver - $19.97
    DeWalt 18-Volt Compact Cordless Drill/Driver Kit - $97.00
    DeWalt 18-Volt Cordless Compact Combo Kit - $299.00
    DeWalt 2-Piece 18V NiCad Cordless Combo Kit - $249.00
    DeWalt 7.2-Volt Heavy Duty Cordless Screwdriver - $69.97
    Dremel 10.8V Lithium Ion Rotary Tool - $49.00
    Dremel 2-Speed Moto Tool Kit - $29.97
    Dremel Lithium Ion Cordless Drill/Driver - $49.00
    Porter-Cable 18-Volt Lithium Cordless Drill - $179.00
    Porter-Cable 18-Volt NiCad 2-Tool Combo Kit - $109.00

Comment

I want the Makita 18-Volt Hammer Drill/Impact Combo Kit - $199.00

I felt better than the Ridgid combo that is also on sale for $199

Comment

nothing really jumping out at me as a great deal.... would like to see a cheap Milwaukee set this year, or the set+1 free tool deal... but nope....

Comment

Black Friday and the whole weekend are when I hibernate. I'm not going out and fighting with crazy people only to end up at the ER or worse. The savings just aren't worth all the trouble. I can live without many new goodies and thus save even more $$$.

Comment

After I heard of the poor guy that got trampled to death at Walmart when he opened the door to let everyone in, I figured no way, too many greedy idiots out there! They even stepped on the people giving him CPR, but he didn't make it.
            Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

I was actually disappointed with most of the stores black friday sales. Compared to last year I felt the deals offered last year were much better, as far as Home Depot and Lowes goes, well pretty much everything else as well. Except, and this is a big except, an electronic's store here in town had a special on 42" panasonic plasma HD TV's for $500, I figured if I didn't buy this it would break almost every man law ever written . Other than that I wasn't to impressed with other deals.

Comment

Yeah, nothing special really this year. Us Canadians in close proximity to the U.S. border obviously get U.S. TV, and we all keep an eye out for good deals, as just tanking up on gas makes a trip over to the 'States usually quite worthwhile. [For example, you guys are at around $1.69 per gallon for gas in Michigan, while we're at about $0.76 cents for gas here in Ontario, Canada. With the dollar conversion and everything, your gas is about 55 cents a litre equivalent for us, which means most people can save about $15 to $25 by tanking up in the 'States, well worth the $4 bridge tolls and the gas to drive to-and-from, provided you pick up one small other thing at least.]

So, I've noticed that the Black Friday deals were nothing special this year. Even last year was not nearly as good as 2006 and 2005 - those were some awesome years for deal hunters. But I'm really surprised that this year wasn't overly special. Aside form the odd deal on certain electronics items, I was expecting more. Especially considering the economic situation, I thought retailers would be more apt to firesale some of their stock. I realize that retailers have to walk much more of a fine line right now, to ensure maybe not profitability but at least neutral finances, and staying afloat, and therefore have to balance sales within that atmosphere - they can't always buy something for $10, and then sell it for $3, they can't do that on a consistent basis. But considering most retailers put in their fall/winter/Christmas inventory orders well over 3-6 months ago, at the start of the year when the financial and economic crisis was not expected, you would think that they would be selling this excess inventory off rapidly, to try to make their end-of-the-year financial reports look better.

Oh well. Maybe we can keep our fingers crossed then for some better-than-usual Boxing Day / Post-Christmas sales.

Comment

Working...
                X