X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R6790 Collated Screw Gun

I saw this R6790 screw gun online at HD today... anyone know about it?

I was really interested in being able to use longer screws up to 3", and unfortunately, the specs on HD state a maximum of 2" screws can be used.

I have to refasten my squeaking subfloor before a carpet install and was hoping to get an affordable collated drill to save time and my back.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...11c69f_100.jpg

Re: R6790 Collated Screw Gun

Not sure when the question was posted but I bought one to do a fence job and it saved tons of time attaching the cedar pickets to the cross pieces...love it.

Comment

it looks like the one made by senco and i have herd that they work really well

Comment

I bought one at H D. This is a good driver, but H D only carries the 1 5/8" screws and they do not carry the 5 1/8" bit drivers. Without the driver bits, and no 1" or 2" screws available , I do not use it anymore. If H D is going to carry Ridgid tools, they should stock the needed accessories, but they do not.

Comment

Originally posted by JD Woodshop View Post
          I bought one at H D. This is a good driver, but H D only carries the 1 5/8" screws and they do not carry the 5 1/8" bit drivers. Without the driver bits, and no 1" or 2" screws available , I do not use it anymore. If H D is going to carry Ridgid tools, they should stock the needed accessories, but they do not.
          They carry the Senco bits which are the same. I was in a store yesterday and saw two different ones that were available.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
            They carry the Senco bits which are the same. I was in a store yesterday and saw two different ones that were available.
            I too saw the bits and bought them

Comment

Originally posted by CLDS View Post
              I too saw the bits and bought them
              Actually, those bits are pretty good to use even if you don't have the gun. I like the round VS the hex shape when you get a longer bit. Less chance of boogering up a pretty doorknob.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                Actually, those bits are pretty good to use even if you don't have the gun. I like the round VS the hex shape when you get a longer bit. Less chance of boogering up a pretty doorknob.

Comment

Working...
                X