X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400LS Portable table saw

Looking for some information and advice on portable table saws. I've been looking at the TS2400LS and like what I see. Home Depot has the TS2410LS for sale for less money than I can find the TS2400LS for on the internet. What is the difference? Is it just a modle number change for a different year or are there major differences in the two saws?

Thanks,

David B.

Re: TS2400LS Portable table saw

I've got the TS2400, I've found it to be a great saw for my DIY and furniture building work. I think the only difference between the 2400 and the 2410 is the cart it sits on. I've not heard anything bad about the 2410's cart.
    Dick

Comment

i also have the TS2400 and have found it to be a very nice saw for a DIY, and as the previous poster said the only difference i know of is the stand

Comment

It would be hard to find a nicer portable table saw than the TS2400 or the TS2410. I've had a 2400 for a few years and love the thing. Yes, the stand is the only difference. Some like the new one, some like the old one. But it's still the same saw. I'm a carpenter for a living and this saw is fantastic for both a professional, or a DIY weekend warrior. There are a couple of other portable table saws that are very good as well and I did a very thorough comparison and chose my TS2400 and have no regrets. I liked the Bosch 2nd best. It seemed to have a little more power, but I liked the stand more on the Ridgid and the fence WAY more on the Ridgid. The only thing that is a bit "weird" on it is the on/off switch. It just seems in an odd position and sometimes I find my hand searching for it.
        You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

The Bosch 4100 has good reviews and it also has a riving knife.

Comment

I also have the TS2400 and have found it to be a very nice saw, it has all the features I want and the fence is very good "True". I agree with the other post about the off on switch "odd position and sometimes I find my hand searching for it." He gave me an idea I would like to share for safety
            and convince. I am going to use RED marker or paint and a straight edge
            and mark the table top with an arrow right where the switch is, since you really have to kind of back away from the saw and bend over to find the
            dang thing more often than not. What Think? Forum Goers.

MY first Post
            NeoDon

Comment

Couldn't hurt, that's for sure. I've used other saws, some with the switch to the right, some to the left, but this one is just "odd" like I said. Some of the other saw's cabinets I've used (at work) are a bit narrower and maybe my hand just kinda goes where it's used to. Still not enough for me to dislike the saw since I love everything else about it.
              You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

Working...
              X