Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 Don't Buy one It aint worth it!

Ok here we go. Two month ago I purchased a TS3660 saw from Home Depot. After assembly I discovered that the motor had a broken armiture and wouldn't even turn. I took it back to home Depot who did not have another saw to replace it with and told me to take it to thier customer service center. So, I did! Three weeks later with no response, I called them and Oh by the way the motor you need is backordered for 4 months! So after an hour on the phone with RIDGID, they called the service center and told them just to buy the whole motor assembly. Needless to say when it got back, it was a reconditioned part. the panel on the motor was beat in and the fan shroud was dented in as well. (*&^% RIDGID'S Comment. Warranty repairs get used parts! ITS A BRAND NEW SAW! Its been two months now from origional purchase and I still don't have the correct replacement.

Re: TS3660 Don't Buy one It aint worth it!

Originally posted by cade_roby View Post
    Ok here we go. Two month ago I purchased a TS3660 saw from Home Depot. After assembly I discovered that the motor had a broken armiture and wouldn't even turn. I took it back to home Depot who did not have another saw to replace it with and told me to take it to thier customer service center. So, I did! Three weeks later with no response, I called them and Oh by the way the motor you need is backordered for 4 months! So after an hour on the phone with RIDGID, they called the service center and told them just to buy the whole motor assembly. Needless to say when it got back, it was a reconditioned part. the panel on the motor was beat in and the fan shroud was dented in as well. (*&^% RIDGID'S Comment. Warranty repairs get used parts! ITS A BRAND NEW SAW! Its been two months now from origional purchase and I still don't have the correct replacement.
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry you had these problems. We have a large number of Ridgid power tools and their performance has been excellant. To date we have had no repair issues so can't comment on any of those issues. I would immediately retrieve the saw from the service center and return it to Home Depot for a complete refund under the 90 day satisfaction guarantee policy.

Comment

This table saw you speak of gets rave reviews from the users of the product. I would seriously doubt this occurrence washes the entire attitude.

I've mentioned this on another thread and got flack for it but when you get a defective product, return it as "you don't want it" or "a gift that doesn't apply"....and get your money back.

Then go out and buy another one.

You're taking the long road and I've never walked it with any product I've bought where I had these kinda problems.

Of course, my approach is very harsh, loud, and makes for a show when I feel that I'm being misled on product reliability.

Oh great, my dog just puked on my bed.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Ah cool! He's eating it back up!

Goood Dog!

Comment

it's possible that because the saw is a large item, that takes time to assemble and adjust, that all he wanted was a guick motor swap out.

can't blame him for not taking the whole thing back innitially.

where's j.m. mckinney when you need a motor

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

They should have sent him out a new motor ASAP, maybe not next day delivery but it should have been there with in the week, it was new saw with a faulty motor and a new motor should have been sent, IMO.

there a farm store about 50 miles away, and years ago, I bought a Chinese import metal cutting band saw, the way I remember it I payed some where in the $150 range for it, in the first week the cheap Chinese motor on it fry-ed, I took the motor back, and they went to the shelf where the motors were and pulled out a new American made motor and exchanged it for me, I know they lost big on that deal, exchanging me a burnt up Chinese import motor for a $70 dollar American made unit, I know the profit in the saw for the store was no were near that, they took a monetary loss for the cost of customer relations, and it was a good move on there part as over the years I know they made it back up in future sales, (if they would have done what the above fellow has gone through), I probably would have never step foot back into that business.

(I am not saying the company should not have required a deposit to be refunded on return of the damaged motor),

Keeping the customer happy and content is one of the keys of keeping customers.

years ago I bought a Lennox furnace, one of there first generation high efficiency units,
            it was installed by a authorized lennox distributors, (they failed to go to school on the unit, and could not read a manual, and no longer in business), but any way I had a problem with the unit locking out, it got so bad that I put a 4 hr timer to shut off the power on it so it would reset if we were gone, they come out a few times and said the heat exchanger was messed up, (not the problem) but they put in a new heat exchanger in it, no fix,
            they the local company basically said sorry, so I called the company in Iowa, and talked to customer service, and had them send me the manual and the service manual, and suggested checking the gas pressure and new regulators and dual stage regulators, so I did all of that including getting a manometer gage, for checking the gas pressure, still no good, they sent out to the farm 150 mile drive one way, a factory service tec and replaced everything in that furnace except for the sheet metal and the blower fan, and never had another problem to this day, but the company IMO went way above the call of duty, to make right there product for me, at considerable experience to themselves,
            and they have a life time customer as well, "That a boy Dave".
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Rave reviews, maybe by some owners that have not used other saws, but that saw is just OK in reality not up to today's hybrids in design/build and certainly not as good as the made in USA Emerson ones of the past in quality/build, the Emerson USA motors were usually trouble free but had some lack of power. I think most now buy them on sale with special financing as the incentive. I had an early one and had many issues, finally gave up and returned it. I was hoping for an upgrade to my 70's sears/emerson saw, which was much better actually. Bought a 22124 CM hybrid and a 3hp Unisaw[$900 on THE Amazon sale].
              I had a bad motor bearing[not a USA Emerson motor BTW] on a JP610, Grey model, soon after TTI took over,they wanted me to go to a service ctr., [there was one local but after TTI bought them they refused to deal with Ridgid any longer]3hr. trip x2 in LA freway traffic, no way I was doing that, I complained to a supervisor, she did , after some discussion agree to sent one out the next day. No problems since. I doubt they would do that now so easily.
              Previously , when Josh was on the job as CS rep, I had one of the defective fences on the JP610 , sent a new one with new HWD. It no problem at all, that was the Gold Ridgid CS and Josh was the best , no screwed up Ebox LSA Ridgid as we have now, no" I promise I will call you back", when still after months no one has got back to me as promised after many email and phone calls to them . The problems still exist.
              Their great CS is what got me buying Ridgid. That is not today's Ridgid ,or even HD, sorry to say, however. They can come through for you but it is not consistent like it was and you have to argue to get results sometimes. I hate that.

Take back the saw or see if the store can swap motors if you want to keep it, but that may cause LSA issues. I would look at Hybrids or a used Unisaw off CL if you want a cab saw and price is an issue. Personally, aside from a really cheap price, I see no reason why anyone would want any contractor design, especially a light weight build zinc alloy [not CI] table mounted trunion saw now.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                Ah cool! He's eating it back up!

Goood Dog!
                Good for you!....and so considerate on the dog's part, too---what with saving you all that time on clean up.

Back when our Catahoula Hound "Gus" was still alive, he would damn near fight the other dog for first dibs on the second tasting.
                Ah, memories......

(Of course, Gus died young and lost an eye along the way due to illness, but I'm pretty certain those circumstances are exclusive of the puke-eating thing).

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

Oh great, my dog just puked on my bed.
                  That would be a dead dog in my house....

Comment

Originally posted by mapdude View Post
                    That would be a dead dog in my house....

Yeah but he ate it back up, and then he watched me hurl for the next 24 hours.

You're bringing back bad memories from two weeks ago! I'm doing much better!

Comment

[quote=DUNBAR;195224]Yeah but he ate it back up, and then he watched me hurl for the next 24 hours.

You're bringing back bad memories from two weeks ago! I'm doing much better![/quote

Is this a woodworking forum??
                      sigpic
                      The-Novelty-Man
                      Joe N Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X