X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panasonic EY7540LN2S

My husband wants the EY7540LN2S driver for Christmas. It was the Reader's Choice in Taunton's 2009 Tool Guide. I was going to order it from Amazon for $318. However that one has a different model#. It ends in L instead of S. I assumed that was because a light comes with it. However, I checked Amazon's price for the original model and it was $386. Then it said there is a new model. (i assume the one ending in L) Why is the old model $68 more than the new one with the light? ANyone know? (Sorry, should have said the model is a Panasonic)
    Last edited by nupfold; 12-07-2008, 06:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to include model name

Re: panasonic EY7540LN2S

I wouldn't worry so much about a price being higher on an older model. It might be coming from a different supplier and they can price it however they want.

If the new model has the features you want, buy it. I don't think it will be missing $68.00 worth of features.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by nupfold View Post
      My husband wants the EY7540LN2S driver for Christmas. It was the Reader's Choice in Taunton's 2009 Tool Guide. I was going to order it from Amazon for $318. However that one has a different model#. It ends in L instead of S. I assumed that was because a light comes with it. However, I checked Amazon's price for the original model and it was $386. Then it said there is a new model. (i assume the one ending in L) Why is the old model $68 more than the new one with the light? ANyone know? (Sorry, should have said the model is a Panasonic)

As JC posted the higher price is just from a non-Amazon vendor. The difference between the two model numbers is the one which ends in an "L" includes a cordless flashlight as well as the driver. Don't forget to send in for the free battery if you purchase before 12/31/08. Here is a link to the rebate.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...261894138_.pdf

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks. I went to another blog, and was told that the L stood for light, but it also has more plastic in it, which would explain the cheaper drill. I even called Panasonic, and the guy I talked to said when he punched in the original model# the new model would come up. He couldn't even find the other# (which is ridiculous, it was in a 2009 tool guide! It's not even 2009, yet!) And so could tell me nothing.

Comment

Good luck with your purchase. Everything I have read says they are the same drill in each kit but the kit which ends in an "L" includes a light.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
          X