X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Fence Problem

Not sure when it started but the fence on my TS3650 (which I always keep to the right of the blade) shifts towards the blade by about 1/16th of an inch when I lock it in place. Is there an adjustment for this? Anyone else have this problem?

Re: TS3650 Fence Problem

have you taken it off the rails to see if there's some chips stuck under there somewhere? You might try to remove it, and take a vac to the whole thing and try to get all the sawdust out of wherever it may be. I've never had that problem, but that may be what's going on.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

make sure that you apply pressure to the heel of the fence before attempting to engage the lock as suggested in the owner's manual. i always get a small shift and the heel pressure brings the fence into parallel alignment with the blade.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Make sure the teflon guides (seen from underneath if you turn the fence over) are secure. Sometimes the screws are loose. Also, make sure you have the fence locked when measuring for blade/fence alignment. After 3 years of use, mine may be a bit out until I do as Finer9998 said, but it still locks firm to my alignment.

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Thanks for all the tips guys! My saw is currently blockaded by piles of crap while I put up some shelving and paint (hopefully not in that order). I'll let you know how it works out. Cheers! MK

Comment

Working...
          X