X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300 planer - cutterhead lock no longer locking

I'm not sure why, but the cutterhead lock on my TP1300 planer no longer works. It used to be that when I engaged the lock, I could no longer adjust the height of the cutterhead. So I haven't even tried doing that in probably a year. Last weekend, I was adjusting the height, proceeded to lock the cutterhead...and found it was already locked. The head moves freely up and down, without any hinderance from the locking mechanism.

Is something broken? Is this something that's easy to fix? I haven't seen any noticeable increase in snipe, but that could be dumb luck.

Thanks!

Re: TP1300 planer - cutterhead lock no longer locking

Originally posted by Bas View Post
    I'm not sure why, but the cutterhead lock on my TP1300 planer no longer works. It used to be that when I engaged the lock, I could no longer adjust the height of the cutterhead. So I haven't even tried doing that in probably a year. Last weekend, I was adjusting the height, proceeded to lock the cutterhead...and found it was already locked. The head moves freely up and down, without any hinderance from the locking mechanism.

Is something broken? Is this something that's easy to fix? I haven't seen any noticeable increase in snipe, but that could be dumb luck.

Thanks!
    Sorry, can't help here. I don't have that model of tool. Sorry. But some on here willl probably post an answer for you.

But either way, sounds like its time for a trip to a service center. My rule of thumb - if I can't figure it out, better off to bring it to those that know how. (IE - computer repair with this new-fangled Vista, interior car/truck engine repairs, gynecologists, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Bas View Post

Thanks!
      I have the same problem with mine and its not even 6 months old. I am not mechanical at all but one of my friends who is said something probably needs to be tightened. He said it would be an easy fix. I did send an email to Ridgid tech support and said to call them. i just checked my ebox but the response is not there anymore??? Was going to paste in what they said.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
        I have the same problem with mine and its not even 6 months old. I am not mechanical at all but one of my friends who is said something probably needs to be tightened. He said it would be an easy fix. I did send an email to Ridgid tech support and said to call them. i just checked my ebox but the response is not there anymore??? Was going to paste in what they said.
        Thanks for looking, I'll e-mail them as well. Going to the service center is an option of course, but I'd rather not drag it all the way out there (and not be able to use it) if possible. I'm not terribly mechanical either, but I can always sleep at a Holiday Inn for a night if needed

Comment

I don't think you need to take it back to the service center. There is an easy adjustment to the heighth lock. It's in the owner's manual. I had to adjust mine after a few months. If I remember correctly, you just take the heighth adjustment wheel off then push the lock lever over about half way, then pull the lock lever off and reposition it to the left so that it indexes on the cog further back. Similar to how you work a standard box end wrench.

If you can't find your owners manual, go online to Ridgid's support website, they have all the manuals in pdf files.

Comment

Working...
          X