X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new 3x21 belt sander

Trying to decide on a new 3x21 belt sander and I think I narrowed down to the dewalt or porter cable (both variable speed). Its mostly going to be used for sanding end grain cutting boards flat. Any opinions on these, or others I should consider?

I currently have a ryobi 3x18 which has served me well but the palten is shot. Was thinking about replacing it with a graphite one but would like something a little more aggressive.

Re: Looking for new 3x21 belt sander

I have the PC 3X21 and so far so good. They make very stout tools. I look at tools as an investment in my business so I tend to go for the best, if at all possible. Hate having them go down in the middle of a job.
    Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

I ended up getting the dewalt 433 VS belt sander. After using it once I am very pleased. Compared the entry level ryobi 3x18 I was using I was able to do four times the amount of sanding with the dewalt in the same time.

I almost went with the porter cable but didnt mostly because I didnt like how high the dust collection hose stuck out from the top. However I am sure I would have been just as happy with either.

Comment

I will agree with the dust bag complaint! that big stupid thing is hanging out front and swings all the way around! LOL But like anything else, you get used to it. My old Bosch had the bag on the side. Tucked in nice but I hated the sander! Seems you have to give on one thing to get another. Oh well, as long as it does what it's supposed to, i'm happy.

Mark
        Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Working...
        X