X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R 4121 dual compound miter saw 12"

anyone have any experience with this piece? any feedback good or bad really appreciated

Re: R 4121 dual compound miter saw 12"

i just received this for Christmas. it was purchased at Home Depot on sale for $250. a 12" double bevel compound miter saw with laser, and of this build quality for $250 is crazy.

i just set it up last night on the Ridgid miter saw table (also received for Christmas) and made a couple test cuts. it is a beauty and extremely stout piece. it is a lot quieter than i expected and a lot quieter than my parent's 10" Craftsman CMS.

i will be doing some work in my new house replacing baseboards and crown molding, etc. so i was looking for a 12" vs. a 10". i was actually looking at the comparable Dewalt 12" double bevel CMS, but i could not stand to pass on this Ridgid for more more than half the price.

Last edited by TXST8tj; 12-30-2008, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I bought this saw some time ago for $249. Overall, it is a very good saw. Stock blade cuts very smooth and true. If you search, using R4121 as your search term, you will probably find additional feedback. Some have complained that the bevel mechanism slips at steeper angles (around 42-45 degrees). I have not yet encountered this problem. I also have the TS3660 contractor table saw, and together they replace an old-style Craftsman RAS that I had for over 35 years. I was NEVER able to get that saw adjusted well enough to give consistently square and smooth cross-cuts, miter cuts and rip cuts. The R4121 and TS3660 combo are a dream, and you can't beat the prices.

Comment

I've had my 4121 for about a year and love it.
        I did put an aftermarket fine tooth blade on it and it made a lot of difference.
        The bevels and miter cuts seem to be right on the money,
        and I have not had any trouble with it what so ever.

$250 is a great deal on this saw!

Comment

Originally posted by TXST8tj View Post
          i just received this for Christmas. it was purchased at Home Depot on sale for $250. a 12" double bevel compound miter saw with laser, and of this build quality for $250 is crazy.

i just set it up last night on the Ridgid miter saw table (also received for Christmas) and made a couple test cuts. it is a beauty and extremely stout piece. it is a lot quieter than i expected and a lot quieter than my parent's 10" Craftsman CMS.

i will be doing some work in my new house replacing baseboards and crown molding, etc. so i was looking for a 12" vs. a 10". i was actually looking at the comparable Dewalt 12" double bevel CMS, but i could not stand to pass on this Ridgid for more more than half the price.

Is that the Ridgid MSUV or something new?
          Thanks
          ken
          Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

that is the new model of Ridgid's MSUV. my parents have the older model and they both rock. i like my version because you can remove the saw from the stand without having to unbolt it like you do with my parent's.
            theirs is more square tubing where mine is more round tubing, but they both are rock solid.
            Last edited by TXST8tj; 12-31-2008, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXST8tj View Post
              that is the new model of Ridgid's Miter Saw stand. my parents have the older model and they both rock. i like my version because you can remove the saw from the stand without having to unbolt it like you do with my parent's.
              theirs is more square tubing where mine is more round tubing, but they both are rock solid.
              Thanks
              Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

I have the table with a Dewalt that I bought 6 years ago and really like the table. When you fold it up to stand on end, be sure the saw is moved all the way to the wheel end. I had mine go over once not good I was able to get it all in alignment. Oh yes if you have a slider be sure to lock the saw in the full forward position before unlocking the feet to slide the saw to any direction. If the saw goes back to the rear position, well it could end up on the floor, not good. Now that I remember those things no problem. I got the table quite a while ago and probably it says that I just forgot. The second time I caught it in time but not the first time.

If anyone knows about any other "things" regarding this I would love to learn them before the fact.

Comment

Working...
                X