X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10" miter saw broken after light use

I'm somewhat surprised and definately dissapointed with the quality of this 10" Ridgid miter saw just recently purchased from Home Depot. I've owned other Ridged power tools and been very satisfied with the quality. The saw however is another story... I've used it 5 or 6 times over the past couple of months for some light trim work and the thumb lock used for adjusting the cutting angle no longer locks into position. You have to tighten the knob to get it to stay in place no matter what the setting.

Also, the slide action of this is very course and rough feeling. Anyone else run into a problem like this? If so, any comments on how to fix it?

Re: 10" miter saw broken after light use

i did not know they made a 10 inche with slider?
    what model is it?

Comment

It's not a slider, it's just the standard 10" miter saw. 'Model MS1065LZA'. The slide action I am referring to is the left and right sliding adjustment for the cutting angle.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKY1 View Post
        ......... The slide action I am referring to is the left and right sliding adjustment for the cutting angle.
        I have that same problem with my Craftsman 10" CMS which is a very similar design to the Ridgid and the Ryobi saws. The problem in my case is sawdust buildup. The only solution to the problems that I've found is to blow a bunch of compressed around the table after each and every use. PITA, but it seems to prevent the problem. The sawdust buildup could also be causing the inability to lock in the angle setting.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have the same problem. I just recieved a reconditioned 1065 miter saw from HD, and it had this issue straight from the box. Possible that it is the reason it needed to be "reconditioned" in the first place. Unfortunately I'm not sure how the mechanism was intended to function since it came this way. I contacted customer service by email and am waiting for a response. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
          X