X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R869 Worklight

Anyone know if/when the R869 Worklight might be available as a separate item, not just part of the R963 5pc 18V Lion Work Pack?

Thanks!

Re: R869 Worklight

Not here in Toronto. I have the light as part of R963 combo. Thought it would stay in the bag most of the time but I am extremely suprised at how useful it is. Smart design, retractable hook (fits over width of stud), pivoting flourescent bulb. Nice!

Comment

Great question gcorneau! I have been looking for 1 too, for weeks now. The selection of Ridgid tools at my local Home Depot is pathetic. I have seen 1 listed on ebay but that is about it.

My one and only gripe with Ridgid is that there is really only 1 place to buy the power tools in Canada - Home Depot.

Comment

It seems like eBay is about the only place you can buy them. Home Depot's selection stinks at best and I'm down in the USA.

Comment

Check on this, I only tried one. The bulb that goes in that light is slightly shorter than the one i tried to see if it would fit, therefore you cant close top, light wont go on because there is a trip button on that plastic globe. Hopefully its not a have to buy from RIDGID scam!

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
            Check on this, I only tried one. The bulb that goes in that light is slightly shorter than the one i tried to see if it would fit, therefore you cant close top, light wont go on because there is a trip button on that plastic globe. Hopefully its not a have to buy from RIDGID scam!

Comment

err... what?

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
                err... what?
                the light in the r963 has a screw in florescent bulb. I tried to screw in a replacement florescent bulb and it was too tall to close the plastic cover, the RIDGID bulb was shorter. Because of the fact that the cover wouldnt close the bulb would not illuminate. Upon further inspection I discovered that the plastic cover has a small protruding tab which when properly closed penetrates the base and actuates the power to the light. I hope there are regular replacement bulbs that we dont have to buy from RIDGID.

Comment

It would be very nice if this were an item we could purchase separately!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-RIDGID-R869-X...item414ef44f5d

Comment

you need the mini size bulb. available anywhere they sell bulbs. the depot has them

Comment

They can be purchased on the Home Depot website and the Ridgid and Home Depot websites show you can register it for the LLSA. I do like the light.
                        X3 Jobsite Light Console-R869N at The Home Depot

Good luck getting the bare tool registered for the LLSA. I am have problems.

Comment

The bulb is/should be available at Home Depot, it is a 9 watt CFL bulb(40watt equivalent). 252273 and 250231 are a couple of SKUs that should get you going again. 10 watt bulbs will not work.
                          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Check home Depot on line it's $39.00 I believe

Cactus Man
                            Last edited by cactusman; 11-25-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I now have the R869 console! Home Depot on line $39.00

When you register it use R869B as the tool model number.
                              I believe the R869B [console] is qualified for the LSA program.

Yes you must correctly register for the LSA program so keep the box and
                              cut out the UPC label. Also photocopy all documentation and mail it
                              registered signature required...yeah it costs more but you have a paper
                              trail in case you have a challenge!

The CFL bulb that comes with the light is a 2700K 9W CFL bulb.
                              It does give off OK light ......
                              I replaced mine with a 9W 5000K COMPACT CFL bulb and now it's bright!

You can find the 9W compact CFL bulb daylight at Home Depot for about $6.00 a 2-pak
                              On the Home Depot site it claims 550 lumens, the package claims 450 lumens.

The R869B light has a small silicon type bumper you place at the top of the last swirl
                              of the CFL bulb. This keeps a distributed pressure on the bulb to eliminate shock
                              and damage if you drop the light. Ridgid should have designed this into the
                              cover because it's likely to be easily lost!

I'm not impressed with the 4 Phillips head screws holding the cover. If you're not careful you can
                              bugger up the Phillips head or over tighten the cover. I guess Ridgid figured the CFL bulb will last a
                              long while not requiring frequent dis-assembly.

I do find it odd though that Ridgid parts, E-replacement parts, and M-n-D mower
                              do not list this item in their Ridgid replacement parts line. So don't loose the
                              silicon bumper or bugger up the 4 Phillips screws! No replacement parts are offered at this time.

Run time using the X4 18v 3AH battery is over three hours...nice!

This indeed puts a whole new light on battery flashlight/work lights [pun intended]

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
                              X