12" Dual Bevel Miter R4121

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" Dual Bevel Miter R4121

Just purchased this saw and was attempting to square blade when the back of the power head broke. Are these things suppose to come factory set??? The manual states to loosen the two set screws on the front of the bevel and rotate power head if adjustments are needed. Thats all it says. Well does anyone know if these screws need to come completely out or what. Problem being there is an additional bolt in the rear that cracked the bevel plate when I was attempting to remove the two set screws. Machine is going back to HD in the AM for a new one.

Re: 12" Dual Bevel Miter R4121

I had the same problem with the R4121 LOML gave me for Christmas.
    There is an error in the manual. The bullet that says to relock the bevel lock lever is wrong.
    Loosen the 2 screws with the head in the transport position and locked and with the bevel lock lever locked.
    With the 2 screws loose, put the lever to the unlocked position. Now you can square the blade to the table, put the level back to locked, then tighten the screws.

I called Ridgid Monday and they agreed that that step in the manual is incorrect.
    ken
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

awesome, thanks for the good info. wish I would have had that knowledge prior to adjusting this thing. due to it breaking, another trip to HD for a new one! Question. Did you just loosen those screws or did you have to take them all the way out?? Manual says loosen. I was wrenching on those things forever (partially due to the accessibility issue) Thanks!

Comment

Just loosen. they are a pain, it'll be obvious when they are loose enough, the head will move easily.
        Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

I also had this same problem when i bought the saw but when i square the blade to the table and go to tighten the 2 screws it gets locked up. I can't change the bevel and it doesn't matter if the bevel lock is on or not. the bevel stop is off 2 degrees and makes it very annoying to have to square it every time.

Comment

Working...
          X