X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-Gallon General Purpose Wet/Dry Vac

Last month wife and I picked up the new wet/dry shop its compact, nice lines, does not fall over when your pulling it and has a very nice suction. Only problem were having is getting it open. There's two latches on the side but its very difficult to open, Latch is very difficult. Only way to open is jam a screwdriver under the latch and pry up. I tried the display at Home Depot and its the same way.
    Is anyone else having the same problem and if you can try one at your local dealer and report back.
    thanks.

Re: 4-Gallon General Purpose Wet/Dry Vac

Once you get them open, do you have to use a hammer to shut them?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Santa Clause gave me one of these for christmas and I must say that although the latches are stiff on mine I dont need to use anything to pry them open.

Bill

Comment

What brand are we talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by LoKo498 View Post
          What brand are we talking about?

Moulinex

---------------

On a serious note, I have the same vac and I always bend my nails in half when I try to open it. They catch on a plastic edge under the latch and when the latch finally comes off, I rip my nails and then have a white line thru them. Hate it. Thinking about running thick aluminium wire rings thru the holes in the latches and pulling on them instead.
          Last edited by DRC-Wartex; 01-10-2009, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X