ridgid battery warrenty? trying to verify

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ridgid battery warrenty? trying to verify

I ve been the the HD 2 times to replace a battery and because the TTI girl is on vacation it's a no go??? I'm going back today and returning the tool if I can't get a battery.
    I have done so much with so little for so long, I can do almost anything with nothing now!!!!!!!

Comment

I keep reading bad and good things about ridgid, i enjoy my ridgid power tools, but ridgid could make things easier on the warranty part. They should change the registation to a simple phone call. im sure they dont do this because they dont want stolen tools being registered, but whats worse on the pocket book, a few registered stolen tools or bad word of mouth. Either way if it was changed someone will complain about having to make a phone call. in that case i would suggest buying craftsman, aslong as its hand or power tool, you just take it back to sears with or without receipt and its replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by vangor View Post
        I keep reading bad and good things about ridgid, i enjoy my ridgid power tools, but ridgid could make things easier on the warranty part. They should change the registation to a simple phone call. im sure they dont do this because they dont want stolen tools being registered, but whats worse on the pocket book, a few registered stolen tools or bad word of mouth. Either way if it was changed someone will complain about having to make a phone call. in that case i would suggest buying craftsman, aslong as its hand or power tool, you just take it back to sears with or without receipt and its replaced.
        Not sure what you are talking about with craftsman, their power tools do not have a lifetime warranty. Their hand tools, sockets etc are lifetime, same as mastercraft etc but the "powertools" come with a one year to three year warranty.

Comment

check on it again i havent llooked online, but at the sears here they told me craftsman has just changed it to cover everything except gas or air powered items and large items like a table saw. lol i could be wrong, just going off of what the sears sales person said and they replaced my angle grinder, no questions asked. but thats what happened here about 4 months ago. might be a sears thing and not a craftman one. either way everyone local sears in your area. if not for a small fee send your tools to me and ill get them replaced LOL. JK dont send me anything it was a joke lol.
          Last edited by vangor; 03-22-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Vangor,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum.

Regarding your experience with Sears, it may well be that it's just a local thing for you... and if so, I'm sure the sales person will soon be corrected. I was just in my local Sears store a couple of weeks ago and discussing this very issue of power tool warranty with the dept manager (my FIL used to manage that department before he retired). While I like Craftsman, and they are famous for their lifetime hand tool warranty, their power tool warranty of only one year is not at all competitive (hence my discussion with that manager). As far as he knew, there were no plans in the works for Sears changing it. I think we both agreed that "Craftsman" continues to sell fairly well with "old timers" and perhaps the sons of old timers who remember well the glory days when only "Craftsman" offered such warranty and outstanding service to go with it.

Those days are long gone I think and in the face of so much competition, especially in the professional trades, the "Craftsman" brand has fallen behind a bit.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
              Those days are long gone I think and in the face of so much competition, especially in the professional trades, the "Craftsman" brand has fallen behind a bit.

CWS
              Well said about the brand still selling well with the "old timers." lol

I think they have fallen behind more than a bit. From what I can see they have two flat tires and a seized engine...

I honestly do not see Craftsman as even a mid contender anymore. I posted a link in the other thread about the warranty. The tools have a three year warranty but the batteries have a dismissal 1 year warranty. This puts them in the same class as Skill (1 year warranty) and Pro-Pulse (1yr) and as far as I'm concerned it puts them a few levels below other mid level brands such as Black and Decker (2yrs) Ryobi,(3yrs), Hauseman (3yrs), Matercraft (3yrs) and Kobalt(5and3 on battery).
              Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X