X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid battery warrenty? trying to verify

i was recently told that ridgid batteries are lifetime warrenty.
    (a home depot employee told me this)

is this true?

Re: ridgid battery warrenty? trying to verify

yes but you must do the warranty registration. The lifetime warranty is only valid if you properly register your tools.

Comment

I believe it also only applies to packs sold with kits, not individually sold packs. The warranty is applied as part of the kit.

Comment

No, RIDGID does not have a lifetime warranty. Their warranty against mfg. defects is 3 years. What they do have though is a Limited Lifetime Service Agreement which as DRC-Wartex stated is a program that you must register your tool into. It's very easy to register your tool into the program but I suggest you read the conditions on registration very carefully before you register your tool and DON"T throw away the box the tool comes in or the receipt until you do register your tool. As is explained in the LLSA documention, this program covers all future repairs on your qualified tool down the road and includes the replacement of any battery that fails to hold a charge at no cost to you. A very attractive benefit for both the professional and non-profession user.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by 949 View Post
          i was recently told that ridgid batteries are lifetime warrenty.
          (a home depot employee told me this)

is this true?
          Ridgid batteries that are included as part of a tool set can be registered for the LSA when you register the other tools in the set.
          Ridgid individual replacement batteries can NOT be registered for the LSA. They only qualify for the three year limited warranty. This has been confirmed by Ridgid customer service and posted many times on this forum. I have tried registering replacement batts for the LSA by filling out a LSA form and submitting it on more than one occaision. No dice! They remain on the my Ebox as 3 year warranty items forever.

Comment

Battery replaced, no hassle, no fees

Contrary to the experiences and horror stories I’ve read regarding warranty replacement issues on this and other forums, I had no problem at all. The key is to go through a repair center that knows what it is doing. I called several centers… some told me I would need to pay a fee they were charged from Ridgid, as well as pay the shipping… some told me I would need to send them my charger. Fortunately, I found a repair center that told me they simply re-invoiced that fee and the shipping back to Ridgid under the warranty claim and that I would not be charged anything. They also assured me they did not need my charger. All they needed was my Customer ID (the registration ID from when I registered the tools after purchase) and the battery.

Of course I did not remember my ID but I went to the Rigid registration site (https://register.ridgidpower.com/customer_session/new), hit the ‘forgot password’ button, keyed in my e-mail address and they e-mailed me a new password. I logged in, got my ID and sent it with my battery to the repair center.

I did choose to mail my battery to the center as it was cheaper than driving there so I did spend $5 but that was my choice; they did not charge me one red cent.

I received a brand new battery in about 12 days. Painless, no hassle, no fees.

The Repair Center I used was Air Electric Tools & Service, 5603 E. 3rd Ave, Spokane, WA. 99212

You should be able to use any repair center however, just tell them to re-invoice Ridgid for the processing fee and the shipping.

I could not be happier.

P.S. I don’t know if Ridgid changed their design since I purchased my tools in 2006 but I have used these 18V NiCad cordless tools hard, particularly the impact driver and the hammer drill. I’ve driven crates of 4 inch Robertson (square) drive deck screws and buckets of 1 ½ inch nuts (Impact Driver) and they have performed impressively. They have proven to be strong, durable and reliable in my case. My only problem, if you can call it that, is that one of the batteries finally died after five years of use and they promptly replaced that under the lifetime warranty.

SomeHick
            Washington State

Comment

The Ridgid battery warranty is a JOKE. My batteries recently quit holding a charge and I just called Ridgid to find out the process of obtaining new batteries. After they verified that I registered my product online as instructed, they then told me that the registration process was not complete because they never received my receipt. I know I sent my receipt to them, and my question to them was “Why would I go through the online registration process but not submit my receipt?” They stated that they are not saying I did not submit my receipt, they just never received it. They went on to say I should have followed up with them to confirm they received my receipt……and then what, they would just deny receiving it anyway.
              This is a PLOY to get consumers to purchase their products. I know it is the sole reason I purchased the product, but I can honestly say that I will NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER RIDGID PRODUCT in my life. I guess they have never heard of customer service and returning customers.

Comment

The Ridgid battery warranty is a JOKE. My batteries recently quit holding a charge and I just called Ridgid to find out the process of obtaining new batteries. After they verified that I registered my product online as instructed, they then told me that the registration process was not complete because they never received my receipt. I know I sent my receipt to them, and my question to them was “Why would I go through the online registration process but not submit my receipt?” They stated that they are not saying I did not submit my receipt, they just never received it. They went on to say I should have followed up with them to confirm they received my receipt……and then what, they would just deny receiving it anyway.
                This is a PLOY to get consumers to purchase their products. I know it is the sole reason I purchased the product, but I can honestly say that I will NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER RIDGID PRODUCT in my life. I guess they have never heard of customer service and returning customers.

Comment

I am having a similar issue right now with getting my replacement batteries replaced. My first set of replacement batteries 2 years ago went flawlessly. Now I found that replacement batteries were not registered (by me I guess) so I cannot get a second set of new batteries. And I found that you cannot register just a single battery, it has to be an entire combo. But I can't re-register my combo kit because it is 3.5 years old (more than 90 days!). This is a messed up system. The autorized service centers should be able to tell Ridgid that I received new batteries and that I got new batteries 2 years ago. Ridgid should be able to update my account with information about replacement parts I have gotten without any input from me. But I speculate that they leave that up to the customer so they don't have the database overhead and if we screw up some part of registration it is our problem.

Comment

I am now of the opinion that if you got forced out of Ridgid your life will become less stressful. I got the 24 volt kit some time ago and for the first year or so it was awesome. However I think with their lifetime warranty they have cut every corner they could to save money. The batteries I get under warranty now tend to last maybe a month or 2 if that before their lifespan becomes useless. Even the brand new ones have very short lifespans although they love to tell you they need to be "cycled" a few times before they realize their full potential. I think that is a delaying tactic now. When I go in to collect me new warranty battery, I simply drop off another one now. That way I at least have a couple to keep me going, kind of. I could use about 10 or 12 batteries now where once I only needed 2. I built my entire garage with 2 batteries in a drill, circ saw and sawsall. I cant go an hour now with 3.

You can very easily find tons of contractors and forum posts about these crap batteries. Needing your charger at arms length doesnt make it a cordless tool, it makes it a pain in the arse. You also look like a doofus with a ridgid tool that dies every 5 minutes.

Hear me Ridgid? Do you hear anyone? I guess it is Home Depot is trashing your name? I have held my breath a long time waiting for whatever it takes to make my kit functional again. Or a complete new kit if that is what it takes. Tools seem fine but the batteries really have to go.

Comment

Ridgid battery warrenty not honored!

The drills and driver are good, The battery's are not!! They had a "life time warranty" if you register the product. I did that and sure enough the battery's died in about a year and a half. I used an old cord drill till i finally took the drill in to H.D. for service. (thats what Ridge said to do.) I jumped through all the hoops brought in all the tools, the charger and the bag. They said I had to have everything to get service work done? ok I did all that. I filled out the paper work they tested the battery and charger and the battery's were bad. Both of them. They had replacement battery's sitting right there but they said I had to wait to get the replacement battary's by mail now. It would be 7 - 10 days. I was not happy that I had to wait but ok. after 3 weeks I went to HD to inquire where are my battery's? Know one could tell me or help me!! I have been waiting to build a shed for my drill. they told me I had to come back during the week because Ridged is closed on the week end. Ok, not happy but ok. Went back 2 weeks latter during the week to find out what's up. They looked up my paper work and then told me that my claim has been denied!! I asked how this is possible I did every thing that I was supposed to. No one could tell my why! Sorry you are out of luck. The service manager finally took the time to call the Rigid service line and had me talk to them. The service help line gave neither! She could not tell me why the claim was denied and told me to go back to HD. I was at HD so I handed the phone to the service manager and he talked to her. He could not get an answer at first but then she said the serial number was wrong on the form. He checked the form print out in his hands and it had the correct information on it. She said sorry to bad try again tomorrow and " IF " every thing was ok I can start again in the process and gave me a 7 - 10 days to get my battery's, but then said with the holidays she didn't think I would get them that fast. The service manager at HD was getting frustrated as I have been for over a month. He finally just gave me one new battery off the shelf so I could use my drill.

Comment

Re: Ridgid battery warrenty not honored!

I'm looking at the 18V hyper drill/impact driver combo and am glad I found this thread. The reviews are positive but the negative reviews tend to state that the batteries aren't that good. I'm wondering if they use cheaper, Chinese made 18650 Li-Ion cells in their paks and possibly used cells in their warranty replacements. Anyone who tells you that Li-ion cells need to be cycled a few times is either trying to put you off totally misinformed. NiCad, yes, Li-Ion, no.

Also read a couple reviews describing a thermal shutoff feature that can cause headaches when using them outside during the summer months.

Comment

Re: Ridgid battery warrenty not honored!

The new hyper lithium batteries are worlds above any battery ridgid has ever had in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Mercury View Post
                            I am having a similar issue right now with getting my replacement batteries replaced. My first set of replacement batteries 2 years ago went flawlessly. Now I found that replacement batteries were not registered (by me I guess) so I cannot get a second set of new batteries. And I found that you cannot register just a single battery, it has to be an entire combo. But I can't re-register my combo kit because it is 3.5 years old (more than 90 days!). This is a messed up system. The autorized service centers should be able to tell Ridgid that I received new batteries and that I got new batteries 2 years ago. Ridgid should be able to update my account with information about replacement parts I have gotten without any input from me. But I speculate that they leave that up to the customer so they don't have the database overhead and if we screw up some part of registration it is our problem.

I think i am going to find myself in this position, unbeknownst to me. I rec'd my first set of replacement batteries with no hassle and no question (i orig purchased before the registration requirement was put in place). Anyway, the new batteries were great and my faith in ridgid. I thought my batteries would be covered for a liftetime or until the drill failed. Based on what i see above, i would have been required to register my new replacement batteries. If that's the case, that is a joke. The batteries were sent to me by ridgid under warranty so there should be no question about this. I do think the replacement policy is a gimmick, no one else does this and I understand why. These folks offer it as an enticement, which i'm sure works well but they make the process cumbersome and intentionally so, to avoid honoring any more than they have to.

Comment

Originally posted by tealboy1 View Post
                              no one else does this and I understand why.
                              Yeah, because other companies just charge you to buy the new batteries.... whats your point? Not trying to be a dick, but if you follow the guidelines setup for this agreement, you will get new batteries at no charge to you. God forbid you have to fill out a little paper work so that you get a FREE battery every once and a while. I don't even fill out the stuff, I use the tools and if a battery dies its always been within the 3 years and they replace that regardless of registration, as long as you have the receipt. After that, I usually buy newer drills with batteries and sell the older units. 3 years for new free batteries is still better than any of the other manufacture anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X