X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct price on Table saw 3660

I have decided to buy the 3660/3650 table saw.

my HD's have both models at various stores.

one HD has only 3650 for $549
    and the other has only 3660 for $549

I guess the 3660 is better since it has a little more bracing.

My question is, upon reviewing previous threads it seems a lot of you had paid only $467 for the saw.

Is the price suppossed to be $467 or what gives?

thanks

Re: Correct price on Table saw 3660

The list price of the TS3660 is $549. The 3660 differs from the 3650 in that the legs are a bit sturdier, and the fence rails are all packed in the same box as the saw. Other than that, they are virtually identical. I was lucky enough to find a TS3660 at a local HD that had been marked down to $469 (a mistake, I surmise, because the sign on the box was using the SKU for the TS2410, a portable table saw... not a contractor saw).

There are 10% coupons available from HD's "movers" website (i.e., a site you are enticed to sign on to under the pretext that you are about to relocate and need HD's help during the planning process).

Also, Ridgid has introduced a hybrid table saw (R4511) which will ultimately replace the TS3660. Most HDs do not currently have this saw in stock, and most believe that they will withhold general distribution to HD retail sites until the inventory of TS3660s has been depleted. This saw is retailing at $599.

Comment

So would it be better to wait for the new model with granite top?

or is the 3660/3650 worth buying now at $549 with a 10% off coupon.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by derekparker View Post

thanks
        If you can get the 10% off coupon at the same time as the newer saw, that would be what I would do. I might even wait anyway; the heavier rust-proof top along with better dust collection and a smaller footprint is attractive. The biggest downside I see is the fence has a smaller rip capacity; and I am not sure how one would mount an aftermarket fence on the granite top [with CI it is a simple matter of drilling holes, I don't know about granite]. Maybe someone with the saw has some ideas on that?

Comment

Originally posted by derekparker View Post

thanks
          There are enough advantages with the newer saw that I'd definitely wait. As far as rip capacity goes...you may find that 30" is plenty, but you should also be able to slide the front rail tube over upwards of 20" more to the right, because with a left tilt saw, you're not likely to ever need rip capacity to the left of the blade.

Comment

Working...
          X