X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 Being Discontinued?

Hi I'm new to this board, I've been reading for a while and I decided to get a TS3660 if I can find one, to replace a small Delta contractor saw I've had for a while. The problem is I can't find one in NNJ where I live, and it is out of stock online. The sales associate at the nearby store said he believed they were being discontinued, and replaced with a new model. Anybody have any information about the availability of the TS3660?

Re: TS3660 Being Discontinued?

Yes, the 3650 & 3660 are being discontinued. I include the 3650 which was the predecessor to the 3660 because a few stores may still have one in stock.

If you do a little searching here on the Forum you will find some recent posts in the subject.

You might try this store for a 3650 or 3660. There is little difference and I would not hesitate to get a 3650 if you had your eye on the 3660. If you wait for the new hybrid TS with granite top for a few bucks more you might be better off though. I think the difference in price is about $50.

Vineland #946
    3849 South Delsea Dr
    Vineland, NJ 08360
    (856)293-1155
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      Yes, the 3650 & 3660 are being discontinued. I include the 3650 which was the predecessor to the 3660 because a few stores may still have one in stock.

If you do a little searching here on the Forum you will find some recent posts in the subject.

You might try this store for a 3650 or 3660. There is little difference and I would not hesitate to get a 3650 if you had your eye on the 3660. If you wait for the new hybrid TS with granite top for a few bucks more you might be better off though. I think the difference in price is about $50.

Vineland #946
      3849 South Delsea Dr
      Vineland, NJ 08360
      (856)293-1155
      Just FWIW, I asked about a cast iron version of the 4511 for those with magnetic accessories and folks who just prefer cast iron, and was told by Ridgid that the TS3660 would still be in their product line.
      This was from CS and TS.
      Who knows what the case will actually be.
      Ken
      Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by ciucca View Post
        Hi I'm new to this board, I've been reading for a while and I decided to get a TS3660 if I can find one, to replace a small Delta contractor saw I've had for a while. The problem is I can't find one in NNJ where I live, and it is out of stock online. The sales associate at the nearby store said he believed they were being discontinued, and replaced with a new model. Anybody have any information about the availability of the TS3660?
        I was just in the Flemington store, and there is a 3660 on the floor just waiting for you to pick it up.
        Or, mine is for sale. Make you a good deal...
        Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevan Sweeney View Post
          I was just in the Flemington store, and there is a 3660 on the floor just waiting for you to pick it up.
          Or, mine is for sale. Make you a good deal...
          Steve.
          Why are you selling it?

Comment

Because I am ready for a cabinet saw. You might be too if you really get into this wood stuff.
            If you think that might be the case, save your $$ and pick a saw you will keep forever. Buy used, and you will get your $$ back if you decide to sell it.
            However, many find a contractors saw to be satisfactory. You won't do much better than 1/2 of retail if you decide to sell it.
            I am accustomed to industrial machinery, so a cabinet saw is closer to my wants.....
            Steve.

Comment

Working...
            X