New Ridgid Rep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid Rep

My name is Scott Yodoff and I'm a branch sales representative located in the Salt Lake City area. I'm brand new so i have a lot to learn, so i figured a great way to get some customer feedback would be to join the forum. Post any questions i look forwrad to learning from you guys!

Re: New Ridgid Rep

Hi Scott, and welcome!

Couple questions for you right off the bat! There's been a lot of chatter about the new Ridgid R4511 hybrid saw, and even more confusion about it's availability. Many of the HD people are clueless about it, and there seems to be a lot of conflicting info coming from Ridgid's customer service. When is that saw expected to roll out?

There's also been a lot of discussion about the fence. It looks similar to other steel t-square designs like the Delta T2 fence or Jet Proshop fence, but it lacks faces on the fence tube, which gives a lot of people the immediate impression that it's a lesser fence than it really is....why did Ridgid omit the faces from that fence? (BTW, I think you'll have a world beater on your hands with this saw for $600)

Thanks in advance for your answers!
    Last edited by hewood; 01-04-2009, 08:19 PM.

Comment

but it lacks faces on the fence tube, which gives a lot of people the immediate impression that it's a lesser fence than it really is....
      Having recently seen the new TS at the Baltimore WWing show I too wondered about the lack of faces on the fence. There also are no T-slots for mounting featherboards or other accessories, I don't understand why these were left out as they proved useful on previous TS fences.

And welcome aboard Scott, glad to have you here.
      Last edited by Bob D.; 01-05-2009, 05:14 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Welcome, I know your a sales rep (because you said so) and not a designer, so I'll leave you alone about why the tools don't have this and that....

How ya doin' Scott, are you going to be a daily rep. in here, or just popping in from time to time????
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Scott, welcome to the Forum and best of luck in your job. I'll give you a quick few tidbits of customer feedback. Why does Ridgid refuse to offer a competitive selection of cordless tools which are available from many other manufacturers? Example, angle grinder and 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench. Why doesn't Ridgid offer a two for the price of one for their 18volt lithium batteries, package, sell and stock the full line of cordless tools and a seperate charger available without having to buy a kit? Folks have been posting here for years making such suggestions without any luck, meanwhile Ryobi is snapping up new customers and other manufacturers such as DeWalt, Bosch and Milwaukee are selling tools that Ridgid refuses to make. Scott, read some of the past threads of suggestions made and ask yourself the same questions. Customers go to Home Depot to buy tools and with all the competition it makes sense that the company the offers a combination of quality, selection, price, warranty and availability will most likely make the sale. Take your time, settle in and maybe you will have similar questions.

Comment

Scott,

Welcome to the forum. I have a lot of friends in the West Jordan area.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

scott, don't say we didn't warn you

josh, wyatt, steve didn't give you a heads up

welcome and join the fun. see you at the roundup

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Welcome, Scott! I hope you're able to answer some of the questions that have been asked here. Either way, it's good to have you here.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the warm forum welcome for Scott. I've met him. Good guy. Since he is so new, and he'll primarily call on our traditional supply house distribution, I am guessing he won't have much time to get into the details on power tools. To hit a few:

- The 4511 shipped last month and should be going into stores now. It is a rolling launch so availability will go region by region

- I am just now putting together my display unit. I'll have more personal answers on the fence in the future. For now, I let the product manager know your concerns and will keep an ear out for fence comments

- Frankiarmz, we go way back on this one. I think the line has filled out in the core areas. Admittedly, the breadth is not all the way there as evidenced by the fact that we surely do not have a cordelss angle grinder or impact wrench. I hope you'll think we make strides in 2009 with some cool product introductions

Hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday season and best wishes in the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                    Hello everyone,

Thanks for the warm forum welcome for Scott. I've met him. Good guy. Since he is so new, and he'll primarily call on our traditional supply house distribution, I am guessing he won't have much time to get into the details on power tools. To hit a few:

- The 4511 shipped last month and should be going into stores now. It is a rolling launch so availability will go region by region

- I am just now putting together my display unit. I'll have more personal answers on the fence in the future. For now, I let the product manager know your concerns and will keep an ear out for fence comments

- Frankiarmz, we go way back on this one. I think the line has filled out in the core areas. Admittedly, the breadth is not all the way there as evidenced by the fact that we surely do not have a cordelss angle grinder or impact wrench. I hope you'll think we make strides in 2009 with some cool product introductions

Hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday season and best wishes in the new year.
                    Thanks for being patient with my repeated requests. I do look forward to new tools from Ridgid and while I keep my fingers crossed, I'd like to wish you and all the folks at Ridgid who bring these products to us a very Happy and Healthy New Year.

Comment

Hi Scott.

I was by a Home Depot store a few weeks ago in advance of a tool purchase. They had a demo table of Milwaukee, Rigid and Ryobi tools. Upon inquiry about how the rep was allowed to represent three different tool brands, the rep stated they were all linked corporately and marketed separatly to low, mid and high end users. Is this true? Thanks.

Sergio

Comment

Originally posted by Avanzi View Post
                        Hi Scott.

I was by a Home Depot store a few weeks ago in advance of a tool purchase. They had a demo table of Milwaukee, Rigid and Ryobi tools. Upon inquiry about how the rep was allowed to represent three different tool brands, the rep stated they were all linked corporately and marketed separatly to low, mid and high end users. Is this true? Thanks.

Sergio
                        A little research would have told you that this is indeed TRUE.

TTI manufactures all three. Ryobi would be the low end, Ridgid the middle, and Milwaukee the high.

Granted, Milwaukee could be middle and Ridgid high depending on the tool model/price range. Generally, though, at least on the power tool end, the Milwaukee line would be more expensive and offer a higher-end line(the V28 line of tools for example, or their high end line of digital mitre saws).
                        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Interesting interaction. Tinmack is on the right train of thought. TTI has reps that call on Home Depot. These people would also take care of many of the Homelite and Husky products as well. I'd agree with the statement of Milwaukee and RIDGID alternating spots depending on the tool.

While the reps can generally do good demonstrations and keep the displays looking clean, I don't think I'd rely too much on their opinions of brand positioning. Sounds like they are reciting the old retail mantra of good-better-best.

Thanks for the heads up on the encounter. I'll make a note.

Comment

[quote=ProBrand;198746]Hello everyone,

Comment

When do you think the 4511 is going to hit the West Region? I went into my local HD the other day and asked about it and nobody knew anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X