X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R931 Cordless kit - good buy?

I just picked up the Ridgid R931 cordless kit, 24V with hammer drill, recip saw and light. Is this a decent kit to have? I was really only in the market for a drill, but HD was clearing it out for $150. I just want to make sure this is ok before I open it. Especially because Ridgid seems to be getting away from the 24V stuff?

Re: R931 Cordless kit - good buy?

Looks like a steal to me. If you are concerned about not having enough batteries buy a second set of the same. can't get the batteries any cheaper. With the Lifetime Service agreement covering battery replacement you will be literally set for life.

Comment

Based on our two year experiance using these tools on a daily basis as professional contractors, you have a great deal. The hammer drill is quite heavy, however this is only a problem when working overhead. If you intend to use the tools heavily I agree with Calder about purchasing an extra set for the batteries to insure sufficent run time. You can sell the extra tools on Ebay to help offset the cost of the extra set.
      Enjoy these tools....Ray

Comment

That would be a good deal for a homeowner/casual hobbyist lithium ion kit and I don't get the impression Ridgid trying to make tools for that category. Get that lifetime service agreement. The batteries are the expensive component for most rechargeable lith-ion sets. I doubt you'll be unhappy with these tools for what you payed for them.

Comment

run, do not walk, to the store. with a max select circular saw and impact driver as additional pieces, which will work with this kit's batteries, you will be quite happy.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

They have any more R931 kits for $150?

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
              They have any more R931 kits for $150?
              They are not $150 in middle or west Tennessee. Must be a local thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennesseepowerstroke View Post
                They are not $150 in middle or west Tennessee. Must be a local thing.
                not in columbus, OH either, DAMN! But they are $299, may get another just for batteries. Anyone see price tag on R932 on DEPOT online? Same as R931 but with circular saw for $649????!!!!

Comment

Just picked this set up yesterday at my local HD for 299. I also grabbed the Impact Driver for 119.00. Great starter set for the Lith Ion batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by RHULAND View Post
                    Just picked this set up yesterday at my local HD for 299. I also grabbed the Impact Driver for 119.00. Great starter set for the Lith Ion batteries.
                    I agree, great set, but make some more tools for the 24 volt set and stop reinventing the 18 volt stuff!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X