X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tp 1300 roller problem

My rollers quit feeding. I had been planing pine and I increased the cut above 1/16" and the rollers quit midway through the board. After reading forums, I think I may have damaged the sprocket that drives the rollers. Are there any replacement instructions on how to replace the sprocket?

Re: tp 1300 roller problem

I would try just cleaning the rollers first. Usually when the rollers quit feeding the stock that's a sign they need to be cleaned. My main reason for thinking the rollers are dirty is you said you've been planing pine. You more than likely have a buildup of pitch on the rollers.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks, I'll definitely try that first. It was working great, but I got greedy and tried to take off to much at one time.

Comment

Hey Dave, whats the best way to clean the rollers?

My 4330 is starting to slip also.

Comment

I use mineral spirits and extreme care not to get to close to the knives.
          Oh yeah, and don't forget to unplug the planer!
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Also make sure you wax the tables and bed. Any kind of build up on them and they won't let the wood slide through.

Comment

I finally got a chance to clean rollers and take machine apart. Both roller sprockets are broken. Is replacing sprockets as easy as it looks? It appears to only require removing retaining ring and placing both sprockets in spindel. Are there any other issues I need to watch out for in replacing sprockets? Thanks for any help!

Comment

Be sure there is not some lumber, like a knot, inside still. Whatever broke it could be lurking and cause damage after repair. I think you should be able to move those rollers a little so you know they are not still bound. Good Luck

Comment

Thanks. I can roll the rollers relatively easily by hand.

Comment

Working...
                  X