X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R474 Bandsaw

Has anyone heard any news regarding its release? It was nearly a year ago when I first read about the new bandsaw, and not much since.

Thanks.

Re: R474 Bandsaw

Hello
    I have been asking to and get nothing!. I askrd the new rep that posted on here and he said contact cust or tech service as they would know. They know nothing about it. Everybody seems to want to talk about the new table saw or pressure washers and that is it. Ridgid has got to be the worst when it comes to advertisement of a new product. Their attitude must be, when you see it, itis available. Ron
    Last edited by Ronald; 01-15-2009, 01:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I agree.

Seems like we heard about the new table saw after the bandsaw, and that came out first.

Thing is, I have been saving HD gift cards to get this, after hearing some reviews, and I'm gettin antsy.

Thanks.

Rob

Comment

How can anyone have reviewed this bandsaw when nobody has even seen it yet? AFAIK, the only one even saying that RIDGID is coming out with a new bandsaw was WOOD Magazine early last year.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

And you would think it would have been out there on the campaign trail so to speak at the WWing shows or on display at the AWS last Fall in Vegas.
          I saw the new TS but no new BS, just the old tried and not so true BS1400 that has been getting bad press for the past couple years. They should melt those things down and use them to make the new bandsaws with.

Reportly the new BS (below) will retail for about $450

I found this photo at: http://www.handymanclub.com/FromHand....aspx?id=31008

It can also be seen in this post from early 2008.
          http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...40&postcount=9
          Last edited by Bob D.; 01-15-2009, 05:40 PM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            How can anyone have reviewed this bandsaw when nobody has even seen it yet? AFAIK, the only one even saying that RIDGID is coming out with a new bandsaw was WOOD Magazine early last year.
            We are not asking if anybody reviewed it, but asking if anybody knows when it will appear (if at all!). Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
              We are not asking if anybody reviewed it, but asking if anybody knows when it will appear (if at all!). Ron
              I wasn't talking to you. See response #3.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Don't get snippy about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                  I wasn't talking to you. See response #3.
                  His response is correct. I would prefer to get feedback from anyone whom has seen it before I buy. I know there have not been any reviews, but I'm not going to run out and be the first, mostly because this would be my first bandsaw, and I have nothing to base my decision on besides others' opinions.

Take care.

Rob

Comment

Since no news is not good news in this case, I sent an email regarding the new saw, and got this response....

Rob:

There is no information available to provide at this time, regarding a new Ridgid band saw model.

Best regards,

Tom C.

Consumer Response
                    One World Technologies, Inc.

Disappointing, to say the least....

Comment

I agree, DISAPPOINTING! I am puzzled at Ridgid. They have a good table saw 3650/3660 and they are replacing it with a saw that really isn't that much better (just some modern parts that don't make it cut any better). all you hear and read about is the new table saw. When we write and call Ridgid about the new bandsaw , you would think we were talking a foreign language. They have no clue or idea what we are talking about. The one tool that definitely needs replaced is the BS1400/1402 and they have done nothing to correct the problems with it. Ridgid, get with the program! I know Rigid folks read the forum but will they do anything! Yes, I do have the BS 1402 and when the new bandsaw comes out, I look to replace mine.They should recall all the BS1402
                      saws (BS fits good in the desigination), melt them down and make a better product. Ron

Comment

I've got the regular bandsaw that rigid offers...I should have bought the craftsman one...for a little more money ..you get alot more options and a better saw.
                        I'm not happy with my rigid saw...dust port...doesnt suck! they could have thought of the location ,etc a little more.No rip fence...you buy seperate! No light ..you buy seperate! No 4" dust port! No roller guides!
                        All this is standard on craftsman bandsaw for just a little more money. Warranty..so! Whats gonna go out the motor? Thats not much money!
                        Enough of that... think it over before buying the new one...if it comes out.

Comment

the ridgid guy at the woodworking show here in indy said that it will be out sometime this year after the stores sell out of the stock of bs14002. yeah i have one and i have the same problems that every one else has i cant get that thing to cut straight if i tried. so i too will sell mine and get the new and hope it is better.

Comment

WHERE IS THE NEW BANDSAW??????

EVERYBODY KEEPS TALKING ABOUT THE TABLE SAW AND IT DIDN'T EVEN NEED REPLACING. RIDGID NEEDS TO EITHER SAY THEY WILL PRODUCE A NEW BANDSAW OR SAY THEY WON'T. DON'T LEAD US ON BY SHOWING IT AT A SHOW AND THEN WE NEVER SEE IT!!!!!!!! RIGID REPS, GET ON BOARD. Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                              WHERE IS THE NEW BANDSAW??????

EVERYBODY KEEPS TALKING ABOUT THE TABLE SAW AND IT DIDN'T EVEN NEED REPLACING. RIDGID NEEDS TO EITHER SAY THEY WILL PRODUCE A NEW BANDSAW OR SAY THEY WON'T. DON'T LEAD US ON BY SHOWING IT AT A SHOW AND THEN WE NEVER SEE IT!!!!!!!! RIGID REPS, GET ON BOARD. Ron
                              In the software world this would be referred to as "vaporware"; software that exists only in someones mind.
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X