X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty rip off

WHY IS HOME DEPOT AND THERE SERVICE CENTER RIPPING PEOPLE OFF BY CHARGING FOR THE LIFETIME WARRANTY REPAIRS THEY HAD A GOOD THING GOING I WAS CHANGING EVERYTHING OVER BUT NOW I FIND OUT THAT THEY ARE CHARGING BIG BUCKS FOR WARRANTY SERVICE

Re: Warranty rip off

Interesting first post! What do you mean by your statement. I have never heard of any HD functioning as a "service center"? Please give us an example of what you are referinf to.

Comment

One post wonder? we'll see.

Comment

Chuckie,

Are you confusing the warranty service with Home Depot's insurance-like exchange program? The latter is the premium service plan that offers to exchange the tool within a designated period (like the first year), should it fail.

That's a good plan for contractors who depend daily on their tools and can't wait for normal service center turnaround. But outside of that, the only normal involvement by Home Depot is to honor the Ridgid 90-day satisfaction guarantee.

Normal Ridgid (actually TTI- under license to use the "Ridgid" brand name) warranty is three years and that must be done through an authorized Ridgid service center.

If you have met the registration requirements, TTI also offers a "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" on it's Ridgid-branded power tool line. Any service under the Warranty or the LLSA are handled directly with the authorized Ridgid service center and Home Depot has no responsibility or involvement in that process (regardless of what many "orange aprons" may tell you).

There is no charge, for "warranty" or "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" by either Home Depot or the Ridgid authorized service center. Your only cost should be your shipment or transportation to said Service Center.

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X