X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 12V Compact Drill & Impact Driver

Just a guess, but I think the $70 off refers to you buying each tool by itself. If you buy them together in this package, you save $70.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog8b View Post
      Just a guess, but I think the $70 off refers to you buying each tool by itself. If you buy them together in this package, you save $70.
      Yeah. Stupid marketing gimik. At first glance I thought there was a $70 rebate offer of some kind. Don't know if many people would pay $240 for a couple of small 12V drills. Not nice.

Comment

I have the Milwaukee 12v and the Makita 10.8v. I think the Makita is better than the others that I have owned or used. I keep the Milwaukee at home and the Makita in the truck.
        Last edited by the_aerator; 01-25-2009, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I have the Makita 2 tool 10.8v combo. Bought it the other day for $99 at HD as it was the display model. Probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but the price was more than right for me and they are a good tool maker. Much more partial to Ridgid products, but I also like the best tool for the best deal and Ridgid has been that over the past few years with their pricing and warranty combination. Ridgid triggers on their compact drill is much more responsive than the Makita's that I've experienced and it carries over to the 10.8v, but overall a good tool.

Comment

I bought the Makita set too. Probably as good or similar to the rest. They have a small selection now but I went with makita because I know in a few months they'll be the most likely to have the largest selection of 10.8v tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
              I bought the Makita set too. Probably as good or similar to the rest. They have a small selection now but I went with makita because I know in a few months they'll be the most likely to have the largest selection of 10.8v tools.
              I dont know about that. Milwaukee has 6 tools off the bat.

Comment

Judging by the way Makita usually works I believe they will likely surpass that fairly soon.

Comment

The 10.8v Makita set is nice but at the regular price of $200, it isn't to appealing. Spend another $30 and you can get the Ridgid 18v drill/impact combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Avanzi View Post
                    The 10.8v Makita set is nice but at the regular price of $200, it isn't to appealing. Spend another $30 and you can get the Ridgid 18v drill/impact combo.
                    Maybe thats why the Local HDs here have reduced the price: $179>$149 for the Makita drill+impact 10.8

Price Update: Local HD has the Makita drill+impact for $129
                    Last edited by reConx; 02-03-2009, 03:08 PM. Reason: price update

Comment

Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
                      Wait what, I don't think we are reading this post correctly, you said there is a impact driver for this now? When do we get this in the states? See you Northerns shouldn't complain too much, you guys get tools first too! This mini impact, pin driver, coil framer (i drove up to canada to buy the last two b/c someone on the forum offered to get me one for nearly double to price so I found a reason for my company to send me to B.C. )
                      This finally released in the U.S.

12 volt li-ion drill
                      12 volt li-ion impact
                      2 batteries and charger
                      holster
                      carrying bag

$159.00 Limited time offer. When the first round in the special packaging ("$70.00 off") are gone at this introductory price, they will come back at $229.00 minimum price.

We charged one up and fired up the impact: We were able to drive AND REMOVE twenty-three 3 1/2" lags into a treated 4x4 before it started to get a little "tired".

But don't get me wrong, the battery was nowhere near dead, we could have taken it out of the impact and stuck it in the drill and done other "lighter" work with it. So if you would be just driving and not removing the lags, you would probably be able to just drive what...maybe 30 lags???

Pretty impressive little tools.
                      Last edited by Tools 4 Everyone; 02-21-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hrmm, I wonder when some of my local HD's down in this area are going to start carrying the impactor. I love my little 12v ridgid compact drill, just need the impactor to go along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                          Maybe thats why the Local HDs here have reduced the price: $179>$149 for the Makita drill+impact 10.8

Price Update: Local HD has the Makita drill+impact for $129
                          Same here. They went on sale for 129 for a while but are now back to $149. Looks like HD just mass purchased them so they can sell them for pretty cheap. Around here they had multiple pallets in each store of the combo's and they look like they've been quite the hot seller.

Comment

So I found one of the combo kits in a local HD, with the French wording and all on it. I used the impactor tonight for a good four or five hours. Plenty of power in it. This was during a removal of a bunch of stuff from an event of mine. Changed the battery in it I think twice. Removing mostly 3" and 2" screws. No noticeable user fatigue on my end of it. The holster that comes with it actually seemed like it was something that I may use. More to come on the impactor. Hopefully Ridgid release more tools in this line of small 12 volt units.

Comment

So, my next question...when is RDIGID going to update the 12volt right angle impact to the new Li-Ion style battery??

Oh JOSH!!
                              Phil
                              Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG. View Post
                                So, my next question...when is RDIGID going to update the 12volt right angle impact to the new Li-Ion style battery??

Oh JOSH!!
                                One would imagine that it's coming eventually. I've heard that there is an LED flashlight using the 12v stick battery. The impact driver just kind of showed up out of the clear blue, so who really knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X