X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 12V Compact Drill & Impact Driver

Just saw the Rigid R9002 12v compact combo set on the shelves for the first time yesterday at a few stores. Similiar to the R82007 single/double box set (see attached pic) except they now made an impact driver to go with it. Very nice. Priced at $169 CAN. No pics or mention of it anywhere on the web yet.

1/29/09 Pic added.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Avanzi; 01-29-2009, 12:47 PM.

Re: New 12V Compact Drill & Impact Driver

This has been available in the States for some time now. It has an astounding amount of torque for a 12v. tool. For a limited time, it came as a 2 drill set, but now it is available as a 1 drill set.

Comment

Wait what, I don't think we are reading this post correctly, you said there is a impact driver for this now? When do we get this in the states? See you Northerns shouldn't complain too much, you guys get tools first too! This mini impact, pin driver, coil framer (i drove up to canada to buy the last two b/c someone on the forum offered to get me one for nearly double to price so I found a reason for my company to send me to B.C. )

Comment

Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
        Wait what, I don't think we are reading this post correctly, you said there is a impact driver for this now? When do we get this in the states? See you Northerns shouldn't complain too much, you guys get tools first too! This mini impact, pin driver, coil framer (i drove up to canada to buy the last two b/c someone on the forum offered to get me one for nearly double to price so I found a reason for my company to send me to B.C. )
        Funny. That is correct...impact driver and the drill shown in the pic.

Comment

The impact driver is a nice little tool. I picked it up on monday. It has 1000 lb of torqe and is more then adequate. I can post complete specs if anyone is interested.

Comment

That would be good seeing as there's nothing on the Ridgid web site about it. A picture wouldn't hurt either!

Comment

Originally posted by alexkoss View Post
              The impact driver is a nice little tool. I picked it up on monday. It has 1000 lb of torqe and is more then adequate. I can post complete specs if anyone is interested.

Hi Alex,

What is the "$70 savings" noted on the box all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Avanzi View Post
                Funny. That is correct...impact driver and the drill shown in the pic.
                Show us the pic, or link, please of course!

Comment

Looked at it today, pretty heavy. The front part where you normally see metal gearbox, it has a layer of 2.5mm acrylic glass over it.

Comment

I like these new "minis". I bought the Makita Lion set with an impact driver a couple of years ago. If I recall correctly-best power to weight price combination at the time. 14.4V.

Still have it. Still going. Impacts are the best on fasteners.

J.C.

Comment

for switching and plugin i love my little 12v

Comment

The LSA agreement adds a lot of value to any Ridgid cordless tool I'd imagine. Not sure why they went with 3/8" drill chuck though. I'm swapping bits in and out of my Milwaukee all the time. I'll bet these are all great tools though. I feel like I should buy one from Bosch by way of thanking their R&D department.

Comment

So the specs are:
                          12v
                          0-1800 rpm
                          1000 in. lbs
                          2400 ipm

I dont know what the 70 off is all about but you get a free drill holster which is nice. Home Depot has a coupon for 25$ off any purchase of 100 or more just ask at the service counter.

As for the picture it looks just like the drill but with a 1/4 hex attachment , btw it looks very similar to this just orange http://www.makita.ca/data/upload/tools/TD090D_large.jpg
                          http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/...0028&langId=-1

Comment

Hey Eric, the reason I went with Ridgid and not Milwaukee was the 3/8" chuck. Unless you just drive screws, but if you need to drill the best bet is the chuck. I just finished installing a red oak banister with balusters and for most part all the drilling was done with my little Ridgid. Funny how attached we get to certain tools. And lets not forget Ridgid's great warranty !

Comment

Took the set home to have a go and keep if I liked. Wasn't too impressed. Drills and fastens quite nicely however very top heavy and unbalanced for its light weight 2.5lb frame, verrry large grip. For the price I am better off buying an 18v "compact" drill & impact duo which costs a little more but has more power and feels the same.

Batteries didn't fit well. I couldn't get one battery back out without an extraordinary effort (4 hands), the other didn't snap into place. Tak'n er back.

Comment

Working...
                              X