X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3300 Power Washer

Ridgid 3300 Pressure Washer - Problem with tires.

I recently purchased the power washer and found it to start easily, run smoothly, and do an overall great job. One major problem I am experiencing though. The tires actually took off the top layer of my concrete (from the vibration I assume) and left permanent tire marks in the driveway. This was after running the unit for approximately 45 minutes without moving it from the original position. Secondly, no matter how long I use it, it ALWAYS leaves rubber tire marks on the surface. It seems the vibration of the unit, and the friction of the tires against the concrete is causing the tires to leave rubber on the surface. I then have to power wash the area where the power washer was sitting to get the rubber marks off the concrete.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I really do not want to return this unit. Any ideas, experiences, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 3300 Power Washer

I have the same problem, because of the material they used for the tires. I considered changing out the tires to a white non marking tire, but did not want the expense. If you determine a lower cost solution, please let us know!
    Otherwise I am very satisfied with the unit

Comment

Hi Phils,

I'm glad (well not really) someone else had the problem so I know I am not crazy. I have contacted Ridgid, and so far they have told me no one else has reported similar issues. I am not impressed with their lack of concern. Their solution was for me to return the unit which I don't want to do. I can't imagine others out there are not having similar issues? Thank you for your reply and if I have any success in resolving the issue, I will definitely let you know.

Comment

Here is the e mail of the Ridgid representative I am communicating with. Maybe you would like to e mail him as well. Thanks again for the reply.

"Clinkscales, Tom" <Tom.Clinkscales@ttigroupna.com>

Comment

Originally posted by Kremen View Post
          Ridgid 3300 Pressure Washer - Problem with tires.

I recently purchased the power washer and found it to start easily, run smoothly, and do an overall great job. One major problem I am experiencing though. The tires actually took off the top layer of my concrete (from the vibration I assume) and left permanent tire marks in the driveway. This was after running the unit for approximately 45 minutes without moving it from the original position. Secondly, no matter how long I use it, it ALWAYS leaves rubber tire marks on the surface. It seems the vibration of the unit, and the friction of the tires against the concrete is causing the tires to leave rubber on the surface. I then have to power wash the area where the power washer was sitting to get the rubber marks off the concrete.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I really do not want to return this unit. Any ideas, experiences, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
          Krem,

I have used my 3300 now for over a year and it still works perfect. Never had the issue with the tires.

Soar
          Don't squabble with the chickens
          Instead, soar
          with the eagles

Comment

of course you can lay down a mat or an old towel.

inside of finished buildings, we use to duct tape the tires to keep from making skid marks with our lifts.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X