Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet/dry vacuum motor replacement

Hi All,

I burned the motor in my wet/dry 9 gallon vacuum. Just wanted to find out if it is worth it to look for replacement motor or just buy new vacuum.

Please let me know.
    Marek

Re: Wet/dry vacuum motor replacement

Make, model, age, general condition of the vac?

All these will help us to give you an intelligent answer.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

It is a Ridgid wet/dry vacuum 9 gallon model WD09450 and it is in good condition about few years old but worked perfectly until now.

Thanks
      Marek

Comment

Originally posted by marekw View Post
        It is a Ridgid wet/dry vacuum 9 gallon model WD09450 and it is in good condition about few years old but worked perfectly until now.

Thanks
        Marek
        Have a look here, but I did not see the motor listed, so maybe try calling customer service about availability of the motor.

Here's two current models similar to yours. For the price it might pay to just get a new one and hang on to your hose and accessories to use with the new vac. The new 6 Gallon vac might even fit on your 9 gallon tub and you would be back in business for $39. They look very similar except for height.

RIDGID 6 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac
        Model WD0635 $39.97

RIDGID 12 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac
        Model WD1250 $79.00
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I tried and failed to get a replacement motor for a Ridgid wet/dry. Ridgid customer service told me they are not available but told me I could send the power head for warranty consideration. I had purchased the vac at an estate sale cheap and had no idea how it had been used ... figured they would tell me it had been used without a filter and I'd be out the shipping costs.

I bought a new one and now have an extra hose and attachments. The dust brush would cost me more than I paid for the estate sale vac, so I still came out ahead.

Comment

Working...
          X