Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Switch on Router Table

Hello,

I have a Bosch benchtop router table that has an on/off switch built into the table. The idea is that you can plug multiple appliances into the switch (i.e router and shop vac) and the swicth will turn them on simultaneously.

The manual says that this switch is rated for 15amps and not to use appliances whose combined amperage is more than 15amps. A typical router is rated at 12amps and a typical shopvac is rated at 11amps. That's a lot more than 15 amps. Isn't the switch kind of useless for multiple appliances or am i missing something?

Re: Power Switch on Router Table

I'm no electrical expert by any means and I don't want to sound flippant either but maybe a call to Bosch Customer Service would answer your question better. They would know for sure if they're rating that switch for start up amps or running amps. Sometimes these types of switches have a slight delay in one of the inlets so that a big amp draw doesn't happen as would be the case if both tools powered up at the same time.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Re: Power Switch on Router Table

Originally posted by Tom5151 View Post
      Hello,

I have a Bosch benchtop router table that has an on/off switch built into the table. The idea is that you can plug multiple appliances into the switch (i.e router and shop vac) and the swicth will turn them on simultaneously.

The manual says that this switch is rated for 15amps and not to use appliances whose combined amperage is more than 15amps. A typical router is rated at 12amps and a typical shopvac is rated at 11amps. That's a lot more than 15 amps. Isn't the switch kind of useless for multiple appliances or am i missing something?

Tom, most household outlets sit on a 15A breaker. So if your table switch doesn't heat up and melt, household breaker will trip.

Comment

Working...
      X