X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kinds colors seem to proffesional for powertools

i am a power tools manufacturer, and now i want to re-color my professional range tools, so that i need someone give me some suggests for the colors of tools. if there is someone can do me this favor that will very nice! thanks in advance!

Re: what kinds colors seem to proffesional for powertools

welcome to the forums

I recommend to use dark matte colour, possibly a combination of two.
    Third row, first sample look like a pretty neutral and not used by any major brand. Close to Metabo but a bit different shade.

Just looked at your website, pretty cool stuff. If I could make a suggestion: stay away from painting plastic in silver. This is a major turnoff for professionals. Either make it cast aluminum or don't paint it metallic. Also simplify your moulds a bit, anything that has a bunch of extra lines, ridges, wrinkles looks childish (just look at Hitachi, people avoid it like plague).

And um.. Can I get some 10.8v tool samples?
    Last edited by DRC-Wartex; 01-22-2009, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Red! Fire Engine Red! The brighter the better!!!

Comment

People that I know don't really care much what color it is. They just want it to function well and not break/need service prematurely.

There are lots of different color tools out there. I'm buying the ones that work the best.

J.C.

Comment

I've been contracting for many years and I won't buy dark color hand power tools. Florescent colors, bright, real bright is what I would like to see on my tools. Of course, I won't buy ya, unless your better than Ridgid....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

thanks guys you give me much good advices.

Comment

From a marketing standpoint bright colors catch the consumers attention a lot quicker. Just the way the brain works. If you got a big store display of different brands/colors bright colors like yellow, orange or red will grab attention before darker blue, gray, black, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
                From a marketing standpoint bright colors catch the consumers attention a lot quicker. Just the way the brain works. If you got a big store display of different brands/colors bright colors like yellow, orange or red will grab attention before darker blue, gray, black, etc.

itis very good comments, thanks!

Comment

thanks my friends here in the forum.

does anyone agree that a tool with brighter red with black soft handle is good for a professional one? what colour is appropriate for switch?

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
                    welcome to the forums

I recommend to use dark matte colour, possibly a combination of two.
                    Third row, first sample look like a pretty neutral and not used by any major brand. Close to Metabo but a bit different shade.

Just looked at your website, pretty cool stuff. If I could make a suggestion: stay away from painting plastic in silver. This is a major turnoff for professionals. Either make it cast aluminum or don't paint it metallic. Also simplify your moulds a bit, anything that has a bunch of extra lines, ridges, wrinkles looks childish (just look at Hitachi, people avoid it like plague).

And um.. Can I get some 10.8v tool samples?
                    catite

it is very sophisticated, thank you evry much!

Comment

Two words: Neon puke.

Hitachi's crazy neon lime green.. bleck.

Ryobi's new absurdly ugly neon green. Double bleck. I actually like the blue & yellow Ryobi colors. But the new ones just make me... erp...

In the interest of a new color: Purple or Brown.

Milwaukee's got red.
                      DeWalt's got yellow.
                      Ridgid has orange.
                      Makita has turqoise.
                      Bosch has greenish-blue.
                      Ryobi had* blue/yellow.
                      Hitachi has green.
                      Porter-Cable, Panasonic and Craftsman have black.

No one has purple or brown tools. hehe Make 'em look like a hard working bruise.

Or, cater to the ever expanding number of professional women, and make a pink, professional grade, line. They'll always know which ones are theirs, instead of the usual DeWalt mixups I've witnessed.

I agree wholeheartedly with DRC-Wartex, all the dummo fancy-pants lines and grooves and swirls and flashy (e.g. NO function) designer things are just eye candy that no one wants.

Function before fashion. And, IMO a tool, by definition, should be 100% function.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
                        Two words: Neon puke.

Hitachi's crazy neon lime green.. bleck.

Ryobi's new absurdly ugly neon green. Double bleck. I actually like the blue & yellow Ryobi colors. But the new ones just make me... erp...
                        As dumb as it is to debate tool colors: the Blue and Yellow tools look OK with the silverish battery. The new green tools look terrible with the black/yellow battery.

Comment

Start making them here again & I'll buy them no matter the color.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Start making them here again & I'll buy them no matter the color.

J.C.
                            And instruction manuals in English, please. PROPER English, that you can actually read, and make sense of, not just badly translated gobeldygook.

Comment

It will not matter what color you make them,

In my line of work, they always end up doo-doo brown.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Working...
                              X