TS3660 Blade guard problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS3660 Blade guard problem

I totally agree with what you just said although the point I was trying to get across was that there is nothing wrong with the splitter. It's the blade that everyone should be complaining about.

Just for the fun of it, I just went and put the caliper to the kerf of the OEM Ridgid blade that came with my 3612 and it measured 0.110.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

After reading Daves' measurement of his blade splitter at 0.070" I measured my splitter this morning when I was in the shop. My 3650 splitter (2003 vintage) is 0.08375" thick.

Guess it depends on the day of the week yours was stamped out.
      Last edited by Bob D.; 02-07-2009, 07:58 AM.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        ...I was trying to get across was that there is nothing wrong with the splitter. It's the blade that everyone should be complaining about.
        Exactly.

Suppose they'll send us a nice Forrest WW10407100 3/32" kerf blade to make it right?
        Last edited by shage; 02-07-2009, 06:02 PM. Reason: -removed erroneous smiley in post title

Comment

Working...
        X