Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

CAUTION: Don't by Reco Ridgid from Cummings tool trucks, toolsnow.com, or tools today

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAUTION: Don't by Reco Ridgid from Cummings tool trucks, toolsnow.com, or tools today

CAUTION: Don't by Reco Ridgid from Cummings tool trucks, toolsnow.com, or tools today.

I very recently purchased a 16volt Lithium ION Drill from these guys. On getting it home I found it to only work for 2-10 seconds before being dead. Charging the battery didn't help. Of course their truck had left town before I could get back to them.
    An e-mail to them hasn't helped, they just gave me Ridgids phone number and claim no responsibility. Called Ridgid and after pushing many buttons, finally got to speak with a real person, who gave me the number to the local Ridgid service agent. Called them, of course they have no batteries in stock and can't tell me when they can get one.

So I now have a drill suitable for a boat anchor.

Buy Dewalt!

Re: CAUTION: Don't by Reco Ridgid from Cummings tool trucks, toolsnow.com, or tools t

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
    Buy Dewalt!
    Is this with regards to this particular dealer or the tool industry overall? I don't think it's fair to talk trash about any manufacturer in the instance of used/recon tools.

Just because you bought a used car that didn't work doesn't mean that particular brand of car is bad, maybe the previous owner misused/didn't maintain it.

Same thing with the reconditioned tools you bought. I think your problem is with the seller, not with the manufacturer. Did you ask about any recon warranty before you bought the tool?

Regardless, I think it's not bad that the agent didn't tell you that you're out of luck - did they tell you they'd get you a battery when they come in? If so, you're doing better than most companies. Most times unless you're the original owner you're S.O.L.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Re: CAUTION: Don't by Reco Ridgid from Cummings tool trucks, toolsnow.com, or tools t

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...4009#post44009

Here's your three year old thread on reconditioned tools. Maybe there's some information gems in here........

Comment

I have bought a few items from Cummins. Not for some time now. They were very efficient. A couple of the tools had problems (they were not power tools), and they sent me replacements and didn't want the defective ones back.

Warranty on reconditioned tools is 1 year. Maybe 16 volt is not very common. I don't ever remember seeing any, or seeing anything on this forum about them. Might be a reason the service center doesn't hold stock of the battery. Remember stock that just sits on shelves does not make any money, it just ties up money that could otherwise be used to expand the business or hold additional stock of more popular items. The Service Centers only have a certain amount of money to run their buisness and have to decide what is the best mix of stock they need to have to most efficiently serve the majority of their customers.

It doesn't surprise me that the service center might not have the batteries on hand.

Batteries are usually shipped/stored in a low charge condition, if this had been sitting on the shelf for a while, it might not have been the brightest thing to do to put it in the tool before charging it. Li batteries have a protection circuit on the low side to prevent irreversible damage, and you might have just pushed it through that.

Comment

Just because you bought a used car that didn't work doesn't mean that particular brand of car is bad, maybe the previous owner misused/didn't maintain it.

Same thing with the reconditioned tools you bought. I think your problem is with the seller, not with the manufacturer. Did you ask about any recon warranty before you bought the tool?
          Man, your advice is as good as a cheeseburger to a lactose-intolerant hindu.

Tools are reconditioned by the manufacturer or an authorized service center who's QA comes from TTI/Ridgid. So NO, it's NOT the same as buying a used tool. Reconditioned is another term for "rebuilt". Rebuilt tools must perform just as good as new tools, have no worn or defective parts.

Recon warranty comes from the manufacturer and NOT the seller (this is the most idiotic thing I've heard).

Comment

Guys, I am appealing to you both to consider a truce. The insults will only lead to more and more bad feelings which is not why any of us are here. I have behaved badly with the name calling myself, so I'm not professing to be innocent of it myself. I don't exactly know how you guys can go about backing off on one another, but I believe you are both mature and smart enough to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
              Man, your advice is as good as a cheeseburger to a lactose-intolerant hindu.

Tools are reconditioned by the manufacturer or an authorized service center who's QA comes from TTI/Ridgid. So NO, it's NOT the same as buying a used tool. Reconditioned is another term for "rebuilt". Rebuilt tools must perform just as good as new tools, have no worn or defective parts.

Recon warranty comes from the manufacturer and NOT the seller (this is the most idiotic thing I've heard).
              You're assuming that in this case they WERE reconditioned by the manufacturer. Maybe they weren't.

Back to your video games now, Warty. Or maybe you've got some "testing" going on in your basement/dugout of solitude.

Stop bothering people.
              Last edited by tinmack; 01-22-2009, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Guys, I am appealing to you both to consider a truce. The insults will only lead to more and more bad feelings which is not why any of us are here. I have behaved badly with the name calling myself, so I'm not professing to be innocent of it myself. I don't exactly know how you guys can go about backing off on one another, but I believe you are both mature and smart enough to make it happen.
                I don't know it could get interesting I do have some doubt with the orignal post though, its almost as if he wanted a fight to start "buy dewalt" are you serious? Who wants pee colored tools? Especially used pee?

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                  You're assuming that in this case they WERE reconditioned by the manufacturer. Maybe they weren't.

Back to your video games now, Warty. Or maybe you've got some "testing" going on in your basement/dugout of solitude.

Stop bothering people.
                  "Maybe they weren't?" What the hell are you talking about?! What a lame argument. Do you imagine the ramifications of selling a used tool as a recon, being a dealer with registered business? He just got bad tools and the seller doesn't want to take care of him, that doesn't negate the fact that tools are faulty. Bad service is dealer's fault, bad tools is repair center's [Ridgid's] fault.

Your primitive personal attacks are very "mature". And "stop bothering people" is a passive aggressive "I speak for all" trick doesn't work with me. If I bother you personally that's too bad, cry me a river. You can't take a joke and have nothing contstructive to contribute, so you just run your mouth against me in every thread. This is called trolling and the place for it is digg or 4chan. I just read your last 50 or so posts and they are all uninformative fluff. Just FYI.

Now back to OP. I think "Buy Dewalt" wasn't said because he got big $$$ to say it on some [obscure] forum, he was just upset. If it was somebody else they would have said any other brand.

Ru&Lins, if your pee is the same color as Dewalt's plastic, I strongly recommend to change your diet and see a doctor

We need to set up some kind of a duel between Tinmack and me, and post it on youtube. Maybe take a steel rod and he will put one end in his V28 drill chuck and the other end will be in my 28v Dewalt. Then press trigger at the same time. Whoever lets go of the drill, loses. :P The defeated party will refrain from posting for a year.
                  Last edited by DRC-Wartex; 01-23-2009, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Okay guys, both of you need to back off and show a little respect for the rest of us who have to endure your behavior.

Thanks-Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i jsut searched for a 16 volt drill does ridgid even make such a beast, none on their website unless it brand new?
                      just curious

Comment

Originally posted by stuart_canada View Post
                        i jsut searched for a 16 volt drill does ridgid even make such a beast, none on their website unless it brand new?
                        just curious
                        I think it was just a typo error and he meant to say 18 volt.

Comment

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,17478890

http://www.legendarygamers.net/index...printertopic=1

www.legendarygamers.net/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=5270 - 84k -

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21925

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=21285&page=3

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17473244

http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com...d.php?p=197603

Warty's making friends all over the place, not just here.......

Comment

Don't Worry, Be Happy! Posters like Kiwi are just trolls looking to start trouble anyway. Posts and posters like him disappear from other sites i frequent!
                            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post

Stop bothering people.

My god, I actually find myself agreeing with Tinmack's posts - just what, oh what, is this world coming to?!!!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X