Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650 will not tilt to 45°

Hello,

My table saw will only tilt to 35° and the crank handle binds. I looked underneath the saw and don't see anything obvious. I took the the insert out thinking it might be binding. Any suggestions? Thanks

Joe

Re: TS 3650 will not tilt to 45°

Check the motor / belt position. Do not force the mechanism, you can strip or break the parts. Clean the saw and use a dry lube spray or paste wax applied w. a small brush on the threads. Paraffin wax is also good .

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoedo View Post
      Hello,

My table saw will only tilt to 35° and the crank handle binds. I looked underneath the saw and don't see anything obvious. I took the the insert out thinking it might be binding. Any suggestions? Thanks

Joe
      You need to get inside and make sure the tracks for the trunion and clean, both front and back. Sawdust builds up in there and will cause this.

Here's a photo of the underside of the 3650

Click image for larger version

Name:	976c0350411aa6a3524f27160fc7c498.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	5442
      Last edited by Bob D.; 01-22-2009, 11:50 PM.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the help. I cleaned the trunions and tilt mechanism as you recommended. I still had the problem, I removed my out feed table and found that the motor was pressing against the out feed table bracket and keeping it from moving. Problem fixed. Thanks again

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoedo View Post
          Gentlemen,

Thanks for the help. I cleaned the trunions and tilt mechanism as you recommended. I still had the problem, I removed my out feed table and found that the motor was pressing against the out feed table bracket and keeping it from moving. Problem fixed. Thanks again

Joe
          Well, that would do it alright. When I made my outfeed table I relieved the bottom side where the motor would hit just for that reason. Glad you found the problem and brought it back here so others can benefit from it.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X