Replacement for MSUV clamp handle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for MSUV clamp handle

Has anyone found a better replacement for the clamp handle (000900510049) on the MSUV. I have had mine for about a year and really like the setup, but I have had two of these handles break on me. They apprear to be made out that cheap potmetal. Just wondering is anyone has found a better set up? Has anyone else had this problem? I had ordered the replacements from ereplacementparts, but now they are on B/O for a month, and its a pain to have them break.

Thanks,
    Last edited by BuyAChiaPet; 01-24-2009, 11:58 AM.

Re: Replacement for MSUV clamp handle

is this on the new model or the original model MSUV?
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Ac9940 The part number in the manual is
      829742 Handle

They are only 5 bucks a pop, but just a pain when you are in the middle of a job and they snap off
      Last edited by BuyAChiaPet; 01-24-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuyAChiaPet View Post
        Ac9940 The part number in the manual is
        829742 Handle

They are only 5 bucks a pop, but just a pain when you are in the middle of a job and they snap off
        No longer available and they've been discontinued (thanks Rigid). Going to order a set of valve cover T-bolts (Mr. Gasket 9823) 5/16-18 to see if they'll work. Same thread size as old retainer. Less than $20 and should last longer than the stock parts.

Comment

Re: Replacement for MSUV clamp handle 829742

This pot metal lever knob (829742) is a poorly designed piece of junk to begin with and now is no longer available with no replacements (thanks a lot Rigid). The quick fix is to use a 1/2" box wrench in place of the lever knob - you get the same functionality. Just remove the phillips screw holding the lever knob. Replace the lever knob with the 1/2" box wrench and replace the phillips screw. I use a cheap combo wrench from Harbor Freight and cut off the open end part of the wrench. Works great.

Comment

Re: Replacement for MSUV clamp handle 829742

Originally posted by theshrine View Post
            This pot metal lever knob (829742) is a poorly designed piece of junk to begin with and now is no longer available with no replacements (thanks a lot Rigid). The quick fix is to use a 1/2" box wrench in place of the lever knob - you get the same functionality. Just remove the phillips screw holding the lever knob. Replace the lever knob with the 1/2" box wrench and replace the phillips screw. I use a cheap combo wrench from Harbor Freight and cut off the open end part of the wrench. Works great.
            Thank you for a great solution. I spent way too much time looking for the replacement part - only to find that RIDGID forgot they ever offered it from the fourth-world island that made that piece of junk. I'll stop by Harbor Freight on the way home. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X