X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for MSUV clamp handle

Has anyone found a better replacement for the clamp handle (000900510049) on the MSUV. I have had mine for about a year and really like the setup, but I have had two of these handles break on me. They apprear to be made out that cheap potmetal. Just wondering is anyone has found a better set up? Has anyone else had this problem? I had ordered the replacements from ereplacementparts, but now they are on B/O for a month, and its a pain to have them break.

Thanks,
    Last edited by BuyAChiaPet; 01-24-2009, 12:58 PM.

Re: Replacement for MSUV clamp handle

is this on the new model or the original model MSUV?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Ac9940 The part number in the manual is
      829742 Handle

They are only 5 bucks a pop, but just a pain when you are in the middle of a job and they snap off
      Last edited by BuyAChiaPet; 01-24-2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuyAChiaPet View Post
        Ac9940 The part number in the manual is
        829742 Handle

They are only 5 bucks a pop, but just a pain when you are in the middle of a job and they snap off
        No longer available and they've been discontinued (thanks Rigid). Going to order a set of valve cover T-bolts (Mr. Gasket 9823) 5/16-18 to see if they'll work. Same thread size as old retainer. Less than $20 and should last longer than the stock parts.

Comment

Re: Replacement for MSUV clamp handle 829742

This pot metal lever knob (829742) is a poorly designed piece of junk to begin with and now is no longer available with no replacements (thanks a lot Rigid). The quick fix is to use a 1/2" box wrench in place of the lever knob - you get the same functionality. Just remove the phillips screw holding the lever knob. Replace the lever knob with the 1/2" box wrench and replace the phillips screw. I use a cheap combo wrench from Harbor Freight and cut off the open end part of the wrench. Works great.

Comment

Re: Replacement for MSUV clamp handle 829742

Originally posted by theshrine View Post
            This pot metal lever knob (829742) is a poorly designed piece of junk to begin with and now is no longer available with no replacements (thanks a lot Rigid). The quick fix is to use a 1/2" box wrench in place of the lever knob - you get the same functionality. Just remove the phillips screw holding the lever knob. Replace the lever knob with the 1/2" box wrench and replace the phillips screw. I use a cheap combo wrench from Harbor Freight and cut off the open end part of the wrench. Works great.
            Thank you for a great solution. I spent way too much time looking for the replacement part - only to find that RIDGID forgot they ever offered it from the fourth-world island that made that piece of junk. I'll stop by Harbor Freight on the way home. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X