X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• router movement

Does anyone have a solution to stop my ridgid 1825 router dropping during use on a router table. The locking system does not work well.

Re: router movement

I don't have a RIDGID router but it sounds like the clamp needs adjustment.

Read the manual and see what it says about this.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

There is no adjustment on the clamp.

Comment

Do you mean the Skill 1825 router?

If you are using a fixed base and it has a clamping flip lever that is hinged.

These type locking levers normally have some sort of tensioning adjuster screw
        that tightens and loosens the clamp flip levers tension on the router body.

Look for this screw normally it is around or under the lever itself.
        Last edited by Davet; 01-25-2009, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Ridgid doesn't make a "1825"; the Ridgid two-base combo is model 2930.

If that is the tool you are referring to, take a look at your Ridgid 2930 Operator's Manual, Page 20, first paragraph under "Adjustments". Also refer to figure 22 on the same page. There is an adjustment nut for the clamping lever.

CWS

Comment

Skill does make a 1825 router. There is no adjustment on the clamp. This is an 1825

Comment

Originally posted by elang View Post
              Does anyone have a solution to stop my ridgid 1825 router dropping during use on a router table. The locking system does not work well.
              Originally posted by elang View Post
              Skill does make a 1825 router. There is no adjustment on the clamp. This is an 1825
              Here's the manual for a "Skil 1825" router ->
              http://mdm.boschwebservices.com/MDMC.../r00904v-1.pdf

There doesn't seem to be an adjustment on the cam style lever...

It sounds like the plastic on either the cam or it's mating surface has worn from repeated use...

My suggestion would be to cut a small strip of flashing or tin the same width as the cam lever and a couple inches long.... feed this in between the cam and the body and then try locking it down.... the added pressure from the mm or so thickness of the tin should give you some added holding pressure. If that's not enough then try adding another strip

HTH
              Cheers! - Jim
              -------------
              All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
              X