HP rating for TS2410

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP rating for TS2410

Just wondering. I'm picking blades and the regular kerf to thin kerf barrier seems to be 3HP - just wondering where this saw falls.

thanks!

Re: HP rating for TS2410

Those horsepower guidlines are really based induction type motor saws. The 2410 is a direct drive universal motor but it would be around 1 to maybe 1.5hp equivalent. I would recommend thin kerf blades only for the 2410 and similar saws since they will tax the motor substantially less. Most modern thin kerf blades are so good now that traditional problems like deflection on thin kerfs are not much of a problem anymore, and they have the advantage the save material on every cut. I've tried some full kerf blades on my 2400 and on deep cuts the saw really felt like it was struggling and bogging down. It's less noticeable with high quality blades which cut a lot better but nevertheless quality thin kerf is the way to go on the 2410.

Comment

thanks! I was leaning towards thin kerf blades - that sealed the deal

Comment

It's always important to buy good quality blades, but even more so if using thin kerfs. Infinity, Forrest, Freud, Ridge Carbide, Tenryu, DeWalt "PT", Amana, Ridgid Titanium, CMT, PC Razor are all acceptable blades.

Comment

I'm looking at freud and forest. should pick something up here today

Comment

For Freud look into the L series. The Avanti/Diablo line are lower level blades and not quite as good.

Comment

Working...
            X