X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with cordless drill rechrger

I have a Ridgid cordless drill with a 20 minute recharger for the spare battery. It was working fine until yesterday when all of a sudden, for no reason I could see, it just stopped working. The indicator lights don't come on and the battery gets no charge. I have tested the outlets and other devices work fine on them. Its a drag to need the drill and be unable to use it because I have no way to charge the battery. Its about 4 years old and gets light use ( a couple times a month for household tasks.)
    Can you help?
    Julia

Re: Problem with cordless drill rechrger

If you registered the drill for the LLSA (Limited Lifetime Service Agreement) then just bring the charger to your nearest authorized service center to get it repaired or replaced. If not you will need to go to ridgid parts and look up your model number on your drill and order a new charger. Hope this helps.

Bill

Comment

The unfortunate thing about anything electrical. You can have a brand new charger that won't work right out of the box, and someone else can have one that is left out and used in snow and rain and always works. I'm very anal with my tools and tool care / maintenance. That's when it really stinks when something craps out on you.
      You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

Good luck trying to get the 18volt charger replaced! I took mine in to our service center in the middle of September. I am still waiting for the replacement. I called Ridgid twice and the sesrvice center twice, I was told that they are on back order. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE to get an item replaced? I needed the drill so I went and bought an 18 volt Porter Cable. Actually I like it just as well as the Ridgid.
        I work as an Quality Inspector, when people call with a problem we usually try to get them a replacement within 30 days.
        As big as Ridgid is I would think they would keep some extra parts incase someone has problems.

Comment

Originally posted by em260mm View Post
          Good luck trying to get the 18volt charger replaced! I took mine in to our service center in the middle of September. I am still waiting for the replacement. I called Ridgid twice and the sesrvice center twice, I was told that they are on back order. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE to get an item replaced? I needed the drill so I went and bought an 18 volt Porter Cable. Actually I like it just as well as the Ridgid.
          I work as an Quality Inspector, when people call with a problem we usually try to get them a replacement within 30 days.
          As big as Ridgid is I would think they would keep some extra parts incase someone has problems.
          You bought a whole new drill kit? You could have got on ebay and bought a charger for $30.00 at most. Just a thought.

Comment

Yes, I know, I was looking at that option but my wife said to just get another for a spare & since I needed it to finish off my grandsons bunk bed and Christmas was just around the corner. Besides it came with a cordless saw and Lowes had them on sale at the time for around $100.

Comment

Working...
            X