Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody forgot to tell Grainger that the Milwaukee m18 Jigsaw Isn't Out Yet

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...x=0&submit.y=0

Looks pretty sweet. I wonder if it's a limited availability sort of thing or if they just put something out on the web they weren't supposed to yet.

Re: Somebody forgot to tell Grainger that the Milwaukee m18 Jigsaw Isn't Out Yet

That's about $300 too much.

I bought an electric DeWalt for $100 last year for cutting steel and it is a well built piece of equipment.

Unless that jigsaw sings Looney Tunes while it cuts, it ain't worth it.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Re: Somebody forgot to tell Grainger that the Milwaukee m18 Jigsaw Isn't Out Yet

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

I bought an electric DeWalt for $100 last year for cutting steel and it is a well built piece of equipment.

This is the kit listing with the charger, batts and bag, hence the big price.

M18 looks really similar to my Ridgid MaxSelect - makes sense with the whole TTI thing - maybe that's why the Ridgid Jigsaw is disappearing........hmmm

V28 Jigsaw was supposed to be out last July(the UK already has it, as they did with the angle grinder) but no sign of it yet. I may have to eBay my Ridgid MaxSelect in favour of adding the V28 version when it hits......
      Last edited by tinmack; 01-30-2009, 12:19 PM.
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I didn't know that there was a V28 jigsaw, knew about the grinder which I think is available here. Do you have a link to the jigsaw?

Comment

A lot of cordless kits that include two batteries and a charger are expensive to start out, but I have to say a cordless jigsaw is one tool that is worth it. They're just too handy and versatile for pulling out and making a quick cut.

Comment

Not 300 too much but too much. Batteries are $62 a piece, charger $29 and jigsaw is around $120, so retail should be $279.99. Anything above that is markup. Wait till it goes into stores and then look on ebay, and it will tell you what exactly this tool is worth.

Milwaukee batteries are about $10 cheaper than Makita to make.

Saw looks like it's based on Ridgid's.

Comment

"Okay okay!" said the retarded plumber.

I understands now.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I would love a jigsaw for my V28 kit.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sceeter W Wheels View Post
                  I didn't know that there was a V28 jigsaw, knew about the grinder which I think is available here. Do you have a link to the jigsaw?
                  http://www.milwaukee-et.com/int/int_...E?OpenDocument
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Yeah, I'm interested in the V28 line, but I'd be a lot more interested if it had a jigsaw. And a barrel grip at that. Do the euros get an updated corded barrel grip too?

Comment

The pictures and info on the M18 grinder and M18 jigsaw were included when they launched the M18 tools several months ago but I'm not holding my breath for these to ship. Probably March-April sometime we should see these.

Have not heard anything about an V28 jigsaw unfortunately.
                      Jay
                      Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                      Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

so how does the M18 compare with the Ridgid X3?

Comment

Working...
                        X