Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2410 Dust Collection

Hello,

Does anyone know if the TS2410 has any available dust collection accessories? I have my shop vac hose connected to the standard port in the rear of the machine and that does a nice job but I just wondered if RIDGID has anything for under the saw? I have looked and haven't seen anything.

Thanks
    Tom

Re: TS2410 Dust Collection

I found a clear plastic tub at Walmart that fits perfectly in the slots under the table. It catches most of the dust the port misses and since it's clear you can tell when it needs to be emptied.

Comment

There's nothing official but you can come up with your own as suggested. One other thing, at least on the 2400 the vac port has three ribs at the opening intended to keep large shavings and splinters from being sucked into and clogging the vac hose. Unfortunately all the ribs really do is clog the port and reduce dust extraction. If the 2410 still has these I recommend clipping them off. They are not necessary and do more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
        There's nothing official but you can come up with your own as suggested. One other thing, at least on the 2400 the vac port has three ribs at the opening intended to keep large shavings and splinters from being sucked into and clogging the vac hose. Unfortunately all the ribs really do is clog the port and reduce dust extraction. If the 2410 still has these I recommend clipping them off. They are not necessary and do more harm than good.

I have the 2410 and it does have those. I have only had the saw for a few weeks but I have already found out what you are talking about. Any small scrap that falls down beside the blade ends up getting caught in those ribs and clogging the thing up. The sawdust then starts getting thrown stright up in the air by the blade and is awful. A zero clearance insert would take care of the problem though 1or you could clip the ribs. Although, it really isn't a big deal to get out whatever clogged it up. It is just a plastic cover that has the little plastic clips that you push down and slide out. Just takes a second on the 2410, I don't know what it is like on the 2400.

Comment

I would LOVE to have one of those! But, until then, I will keep putting my Shop Vac hose in the dust outlet.......and dumping it constantly!
          Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
          I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
          My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Working...
          X