X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R4330 vs Dewalt DW734

I was in Lowes tonight and they had the DW734 marked down to 300.30. I had been planning on getting the R4330 but am now rethinking that. Just wanted some input on the DW734 at 300 compared to the R4330 at 399.

Thanks

Re: Ridgid R4330 vs Dewalt DW734

I don't know about the ridgid but I have a 734 and have been very pleased with it. Fine woodworking gave it a very good rating is the reason I bought it and it was also on sale for about the same price you quoted.
    Last edited by harrison2119; 01-31-2009, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I have the 734 as well. I got it on sale at sears for $267 so that pretty much settled the decision of what planer to get. I've had it for about 3 years now and can't complain about it. It performs exceptionally well. The rollers have never had slipping problems, no sniping and powers through heavy cuts very well. Perfectly accurate as well. The cutter head locks firm and doesn't creep out of position.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I went ahead and got the DW734 this weekend. I hope to get it set up this week and see how she does.

Comment

I think you'll be happy. Got mine about a week ago. I'm glad I persevered, because I saw it at a Lowe's store a couple towns over for $364, but at my local Lowe's it was $300.30. Makes cuts smooth as buttah.

I had a big go-round with HD awhile back about the R4330 and their stupid website policies, and ended up not buying it (no gift cards for web payments... $30 cheaper on the web... web-only $20 coupon... they said my store would give it to me for the lower price, but by the time I got around to buying, I saw the DW734).

Good luck with it!

Comment

Working...
          X