Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP0610 Joiner Belt Replacement

Hello,

I recently got the Ridgid JP0610 Joiner/Planer and I love it. This is my first joiner so I have no point of reference in terms of how much vibration is acceptable for this machine. Let me say first that the vibration is very very small but I have read a lot of posts about some Ridgid tools and I keep hearing that the belts used in their tools could be a whole lot better. Have any of you replaced the belt in your JP0610? Have you seen improvements? Should I just leave well enough alone and not bother with it?

Thanks
    Tom

Re: JP0610 Joiner Belt Replacement

The belt on the JP0610 is fine IMO. The only Ridgid tool I have that I changed the belt on was the band saw. The Jointer/joiner runs great right out of the box. I've had mine for some years now and it's seen a lot of use. It's time for new knives, matter of fact. I need to start researching what/where to get new ones.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Re: JP0610 Joiner Belt Replacement

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
      The belt on the JP0610 is fine IMO. The only Ridgid tool I have that I changed the belt on was the band saw. The Jointer/joiner runs great right out of the box. I've had mine for some years now and it's seen a lot of use. It's time for new knives, matter of fact. I need to start researching what/where to get new ones.
      great news...thank you sir.....i think i am going to leave well enough alone then......thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X