Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we REALLY need the UPC off the box for warranty ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we REALLY need the UPC off the box for warranty ?

I got a battery drill for christmas that has a life-time warranty. I have Home Depot receipts, but the box (with UPC code) went in the trash the day after Christmas since I've never heard of needing the code off it for warranty registration.

Anybody know if I R-E-A-L-L-Y need this UPC code for warranty......or am I screwed ??

Re: Do we REALLY need the UPC off the box for warranty ?

Just so you understand if itsn't a lifetime warranty rather it is a lifetime service agreement, BIG difference between the two.

As far as the UPC goes, you might be screwed. They are VERY particular about the process and require a several different things from you in order to join the program. It has been such a pain for many on here based on previous threads that a lot of people have jsut given up on the program all together.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by mrc.engr View Post
      Anybody know if I R-E-A-L-L-Y need this UPC code for warranty......or am I screwed ??
      PROOF OF PURCHASE (RECEIPT AND ORIGINAL UPC CODE) WILL BE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING. REGISTER YOUR TOOLS THROUGH RIDGID.COM TO ACCEPT THE RIDGID® BRAND LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT

I have sent my UPC and copy of receipt during the registration process on 7 different Ridgid power tools for the Life-time service agreement. The confirmation of LSA has taken about 5 months but Ridgid power tool owners do have 90 day satisfaction and the Limited 3 year warranty to cover issues. IMO all current cordless battery technology will eventually need replacement no matter the brand and Ridgid's LSA is a definite advantage to consider. My Ridgid power tools have been reliable and I do not hesitate to recommend them. Consider calling Ridgid customer service for registration advice for your particular situation.

Comment

There have been a few tools that I either used the UPC for something else or just plain forgot to cut it out before trashing the box. What I have done and haven't had an issue with yet is just call customer service (1-800-4-RIDGID) go through the recording to get to an actual person and explain the situation. In the past they have told me it was fine to send in the information required without the upc. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc.engr View Post
          I got a battery drill for christmas that has a life-time warranty. I have Home Depot receipts, but the box (with UPC code) went in the trash the day after Christmas since I've never heard of needing the code off it for warranty registration.

I agree with the above. Call customer service and they'll give you reliable instructions as to how you should proceed. You should be okay if you have the receipts from Home Depot. And, yes, it is a lifetime service agreement which means your batteries down the road will be covered for their eventual replacement. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
            There have been a few tools that I either used the UPC for something else or just plain forgot to cut it out before trashing the box. What I have done and haven't had an issue with yet is just call customer service (1-800-4-RIDGID) go through the recording to get to an actual person and explain the situation. In the past they have told me it was fine to send in the information required without the upc. Hope this helps.

send receipt & online confirmation page without UPC for 2pk drywall screwguns..no probably...certain packs don't have the UPC like on my 2pk, but they have the HD UPC/Barcode on the sticky label that tapes them together.

Comment

I just bought a TS3660 and tossed the box with the UPC. I contacted Ridgid, and they gave me the process to register the warranty without the UPC. Sounds like it should be ok.

Comment

i have never sent a upc code in with any of the tools i have registered with ridgid for the LSA. that covers five combo kits, 4 14.4v impact drivers, the max select caulk gun, the 110v impact driver, the full kit jig saw and the full kit hand planer. i registered the tools online through my ebox and followed up by sending a copy of the receipt with my name, adddress, email address, ebox id number and a large arrow pointing to the tool description on the receipt. and if a tool still wasn't registered after 6 months, i called CS until it was. it's unwise to just send in the paper work and assume all will be well.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I think if you have the receipts, you will be OK. I was told by the friendly customer service person I talked to,(now this was five years ago, mind you) that it wasn't a problem,

BTW, I've had my 14.4v impact driver's switch replaced, as well as a battery, all at no charge to me. This program is one of the best things since sliced bread.
                  Now, that being said, I think it really comes down to the 'Authorised Service Depot' you are dealing with. My local shop bitched about how Ridgid was indifferent towards HIM, and pulled no punches in tell me so.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. frugal View Post
                    I think if you have the receipts, you will be OK. I was told by the friendly customer service person I talked to,(now this was five years ago, mind you) that it wasn't a problem,

BTW, I've had my 14.4v impact driver's switch replaced, as well as a battery, all at no charge to me. This program is one of the best things since sliced bread.
                    Now, that being said, I think it really comes down to the 'Authorised Service Depot' you are dealing with. My local shop bitched about how Ridgid was indifferent towards HIM, and pulled no punches in tell me so.

Well spoke, Mr. Frugal, good to get an update on someone who's owned and had service on a tool from 5 years ago. I happen to agree with you on the Service Center selection and how it could impact one's service experience. I've had to use the local service center here and my guy just happens to be upbeat and personable and it's reflected in his turnaround times and quality of service.

Comment

Some very good advice given with the previous posts!

The main thing that you have to understand is that you DO NOT have a "lifetime warranty" on your "battery drill". You do have a 3-year warranty though. In order to obtain the "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" you must register the tool; and that takes two steps:

First setup your E-Box by going through the link for your "dashboard" (silly name, I think). When you do that, you will be assigned an E-Box ID number. Also, your particular tool will receive a registration number.

Second, the written requirements are that you send a "copy" of your sales receipt and the "original" of your UPC. Since the latter is no longer available, you really should call the Ridgid Customer Support folks (as everybody has advised) and get their advice. From the many posts that I have read, you will probably be given allowance.

From my own personal experience with about a dozen tools, I always include a typed "fact sheet" which includes the my name, address, phone number, date of shipment, my E-box ID number, the E-box registration number of the particular tool, the tool model number, and it's serial number. I also include my telephone number and E-mail address too.

To date, I have yet to see a failure. It does take a long time though, with my last purchase being a little over five months.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                      X