X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiber cement saw

I know its been mentioned on other websites as coming out soon but I found it on Home Depot's website. Here's the link.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...90237&D=ridgid

My only question is how common are 5" fiber cement blades?

Re: Fiber cement saw

Amazing, you'd think that this would be the place where you would hear about new RIDGID tools first. I guess we are not worthy.

Anyway, I see that (according to HD) RIDGID has rewritten the laws of physics, as this new saw uses ZERO watts but draws 8 Amps.

ADA Compliant : No
    Amperage : 8 Amps
    Assembled Depth (In Inches) : 20.669 In.
    Assembled Height (In Inches) : 8.071 In.
    Assembled Weight (In LBS) : 11.04
    Assembled Width (In Inches) : 8.858 In.
    Bevel Capacity : 45Deg.
    Blade Diameter : 5 In.
    CSA Certified : Yes
    Cord Length : 12 Ft.
    Cordless/Corded : Corded
    Energy Star Compliant : No
    Length : 20.66 In.
    Maximum Cut Depth @ 45 Deg. : 1.06 In.
    Maximum Cut Depth @ 90 Deg. : 1.22 In.
    Tool Weight : 8.84 Lbs.
    Wattage : 0Watts
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Out here we use the shears.Skill and sawzall for makeup.Before that it was the fan over the shoulder.I love the product,just not my lungs hurting and kicking cookies for weeks after a project.

Comment

i've had a makita cordless cutter for a number of years. it's designed to cut metal and fiber cement board. it's got a clear windo for sighting the cut and a catcher for shavings.

i've used it for metal, but not for cement board.

i know that the rpm's are no where near the 10,000 ridgid as this would burn up the metal cutting blade.

i also have the m.k. electric tile cutting saw. that one spins at 10,000 rpm and runs a 4'' blade up to 1'' deep. i run drip line to keep the dust down and blade cool.

i guess ridgid din't think us plumbers required a saw of this kind, hence the surprise. i guess wyatt will be surprised it's out.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

i guess ridgid din't think us plumbers required a saw of this kind
          This forum is populated by more than plumbers and drain cleaners Rick as I am sure you know. My point was that if they wanted to generate interest in new products one way to do it would be to at least make announcements here when they release new tools or introduce them at trade shows, etc. Not suggesting any special preview or pre-release information, just that they make use of the thousands of RIDGID fans who populate the forums and educate them about the new tools. These guys are likely to be our early adopters, the sooner they know about a new tool the sooner they are looking for an excuse to buy it and put it to use. When that happens the word gets out very fast, and from people who are using the tool and which others will follow (this is the hold-back crowd, who while not the first to buy like to be near the bleeding edge).

These forums are indexed by Google and Yahoo hourly it seems. Go to Google and search for a topic thread that started here today, many even an hour or two ago, there will be a link to it. So what you say? Well, when people are looking to buy where do you think they start...Google or Yahoo or similar sites (I'm talking average Joe/DIY types here).
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          ---------
          ---------

Comment

i think wyatt will tell us how surprised he is when we find out about products and post them here.

he is just testing us.

i think with all the forum members including h.d. employees that contribute here, it's going to be tuff to keep anything a secret.

i'll give you some news that hasn't been officially released yet.

"plumber rick brings home the gold again at the second annual roundup"

not that you already didn't know that

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

not that you already didn't know that
              LOL, except for the fact that it didn't happen yet, but that is a minor technicality right?
              ---------------
              ---------------
              ---------
              ---------

Comment

save your lungs and your shopvac use shears insted
                http://www.pactool.us/snappershear/

Comment

So I was at HD the other day and they actually had this saw. Are they going to start carrying blades for this saw? I did a quick search and can't find 5" blades anywhere let alone HD.

Comment

Working...
                  X