Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Drill/Driver: Ridgid Vs. Dewalt

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
    Ridgid routinely sells their drill/driver kit at times (like right now in Canada for $149) where you get 2 lithium batteries and a charger and they throw in the drill to boot and they're covered under the LSA. If you want one battery for $99 why not 2 and the extras for $49? A little creativity can get you what you want.
    "Why not two and the extras" for an additional $49 you mean? ($149 for a whole new kit, vs. $99 for one new battery).

This is also assuming that the drill is on sale for that price at the exact same time you need new batteries - right? Otherwise you would have to wait for the sale...

Comment

Originally posted by dmehak View Post
      "Why not two and the extras" for an additional $49 you mean? ($149 for a whole new kit, vs. $99 for one new battery).

This is also assuming that the drill is on sale for that price at the exact same time you need new batteries - right? Otherwise you would have to wait for the sale...
      Stock up now and grab a couple more of those drill kits..........
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        That is incorrect.

Ridgid does not sell tools individually. Also badgerdave, a tool with 2 batteries and charger is called a "kit". A tool with some other tools is called a "combo kit". Just FYI. Of course corded tools are not considered "kits", but that is common sense and we are not talking corded.

So yes, only pieces from [cordless] kits/combokits are covered under LSA.

Congrats, you fail.

Comment

No, it is not assuming that the drill is on sale at the exact same time you need a new battery. It assumes that you recognize an opportunity to obtain batteries/tools at a bargain price and are willing to pull the string to make the purchase. There have been many contributors to the forum that have taken advantage of the bargains over the years to either build or fill the gaps for items they need. There have been plenty of bargains over the years and this is another one. $149 for an LSA eligible kit containing batteries and charger vs. $99 for a battery is a good way to fill an anticipated need is all that I suggest and when something else comes down the road, jump on that too.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
            Ridgid does not sell tools individually. Also badgerdave, a tool with 2 batteries and charger is called a "kit". A tool with some other tools is called a "combo kit". Just FYI. Of course corded tools are not considered "kits", but that is common sense and we are not talking corded.

So yes, only pieces from [cordless] kits/combokits are covered under LSA.

Congrats, you fail.
            You don't have offer to congrats, but they yet sell the Max Select tools here in the States and they are individual tools sold without battery and without charger (tool only) and they do qualify for the LSA program. FYI, they did also sell them in Canada, but have chosen to discontinue doing so and many took advantage of the bargains and LSA. They were tools sold without other tools and are tools sold without other tools here in the US.

So yes, pieces from other than kits/combokits are covered under LSA.

Congrats, you fail, too.

Comment

The problem with LSA is people see it as an unconditional warranty, as in "it breaks, we replace/fix it forever". LSA is not a priority or contractual service (like Hilti for ex) in any way, so the time it takes to get something thru LSA might cost more than a new tool. People also tend to think this is an over-the-counter exchange. The only time Ridgid will replace anything is when it costs them more to fix it, and that is pretty much never with the exception of batteries. So if your drill burned out, expect it to be repaired and not replaced.

LSA also covers only kits.
              Lsa does not only cover kits. Lsa covers most all of RIDGIDS air and power tools, battery, corded, bench, etc. You are correct however about peoples misconception over warranty vs service agreement. One out of two ain't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                Lsa does not only cover kits. Lsa covers most all of RIDGIDS air and power tools, battery, corded, bench, etc. You are correct however about peoples misconception over warranty vs service agreement. One out of two ain't bad.
                Last time I checked thats 50% and that (as previously mentioned) is failing!

Comment

Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
                  Last time I checked thats 50% and that (as previously mentioned) is failing!
                  I must be missing something. What products are not covered? Tile saw, power washer, job site radio? All the corded power tools, mitre saws, table saws, drill presses, jointers, sanders, and air tools are covered, thats hardly 50%

Comment

No, no I mean one out of two equals 50%, therefore you gave Wartex's slash on BadgerDave right back

Comment

Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
                      No, no I mean one out of two equals 50%, therefore you gave Wartex's slash on BadgerDave right back
                      Gotcha!

Comment

Gotcha!

Let me write this in bigger font, maybe you will pay attention.

I. WAS. TALKING. ABOUT. CORDLESS. TOOLS. AND. ACCESSORIES.

Last edited by DRC-Wartex; 02-12-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Let me write this in bigger font, maybe you will pay attention.

I. WAS. TALKING. ABOUT. CORDLESS. TOOLS. AND. ACCESSORIES.

I'm aware LSA covers pressure washers etc etc.
                          No moron it doesn't cover pressure washers, you pay attention! Also it does not only cover kits for cordless tools, it also covers max select stand alone tools. You surprise me for someone who is a such a self proclaimed wealth of knowledge!

Comment

No moron it doesn't cover pressure washers, you pay attention! Also it does not only cover kits for cordless tools, it also covers max select stand alone tools. You surprise me for someone who is a such a self proclaimed wealth of knowledge!

Now, based on how he finishes on some of his other threads, Wartex will probably try to defend an indefensible position, insult someone and then proclaim that he is done with this thread while trying to show as much indignation as possible. Whoops ...... there I go telling the plot before the end of the movie, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
                              Now, based on how he finishes on some of his other threads, Wartex will probably try to defend an indefensible position, insult someone and then proclaim that he is done with this thread while trying to show as much indignation as possible. Whoops ...... there I go telling the plot before the end of the movie, my bad.
                              How awesome, look above, he edited his post to take the incorrect statement out, but it shows up on my post!

Comment

... I finally picked up an X3 Hammer Drill this morning. Got it from Home Depot for $149 (regular $299) - it seemed like the perfect opportunity at that price.

Anyone have some experience using these two brands? Did I make the right decision?

Thanks guys.

Back to the point here..... I've never used the new X3, I have used the X2. It does look like they made some improvments over the previous model. You bought it, so maybe do some tests on it and see how well it perfoms, and let us know.

Comment

Working...
                                X