X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 rip fence issue.....

Got up to the step of installing the fence on my new 3660 last night. Since it just snaps right in, it was an easy step but for some reason it doesnt slide as easy as I thought it should (not nearly as smooth as my TS2400 fence moved).

And it kinda makes a squealing noise when moving. I was wondering if it was the white plastic pieces that are riding in the rails, or maybe the fence rails are "off"?

Anyone have this happen? The rest of the assembly was uneventful, everything went together nicely and I followed all of the steps for aligning the rails, etc.

Thanks.

-Chris

Re: TS3660 rip fence issue.....

Did you also do all the steps to adjust the height of the fence that it is supposed to be off the table? You could also try waxing the rails with some Johnsons Paste Wax.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Did you also do all the steps to adjust the height of the fence that it is supposed to be off the table? You could also try waxing the rails with some Johnsons Paste Wax.
      Forgot to mention that, yes I did the "8 pages of this manual" step

I figured I could wax the rails too........just wanted to ask around here to make sure its not an indication that something else might be wrong.

Comment

Mine squealed on my 3650 when I first used it. A little paste wax on the rails solved the problem, and it has not reoccurred in 3 years. This is a fairly common occurrence, judging by the number of times this question gets asked.

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I had the same issue and resolution as Gofor.

Comment

Thanks.

After re-checking to make sure the fence was correct height off the table, I added some paste wax. Now the squeal is gone and the fence feels like it can fly right off the rails

Comment

Hi, I assembled my new 3660 on weekend and had same problem. I waxed the rails and spaced the fence and still had same problem. What I discovered was the micro-adjuster thumb wheel was A) too tight in the plastic holder so I drilled the hole slightly larger B) the micro-adjuster wheel was adjusted tight to the fence face. I loosened the two screws in the bracket for the micro-adjuster and adjusted it off of the front of the rail. Presto - It glides freely and no more squeaks.

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X