Individual X3 Tools?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individual X3 Tools?

Is it possible to purchase X3 tools individually? I see information on the Ridgid website about the drill kit, and the 5 piece kit, but no information about the individual tools (impact wrench, reciprocating saw, circular saw, and work light).

If I’ve already bought the drill kit, hopefully I don’t need to buy the 5 piece kit to get the impact wrench?

Re: Individual X3 Tools?

try ebay

Comment

Official response from Ridgid:

"No, the X3 items are only sold in combo-kit packages, at this time. No individual tool sales are available."

Comment

Originally posted by dmehak View Post
        Is it possible to purchase X3 tools individually? I see information on the Ridgid website about the drill kit, and the 5 piece kit, but no information about the individual tools (impact wrench, reciprocating saw, circular saw, and work light).

If I’ve already bought the drill kit, hopefully I don’t need to buy the 5 piece kit to get the impact wrench?
        I made the same mistake by buying the drill / driver combo in good faith, assuming I could buy the circular saw later. In these tough economic times, I can't understand Ridgid not selling something they already make when there is a demand for it. Very poor marketing in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw123 View Post
          I made the same mistake by buying the drill / driver combo in good faith, assuming I could buy the circular saw later. In these tough economic times, I can't understand Ridgid not selling something they already make when there is a demand for it. Very poor marketing in my opinion.
          So what would you guys do in my situation? Return the drill kit and pick up the 5 piece kit?

Or hope that at some point down the road Ridgid releases the new X3 tools individually?

Also, does anyone know if the X3 tools are replacing the X2 tools? Are the X3's the best portable power tools Ridgid is offering right now?

Comment

They seem pretty cool - the specs are better than the X2 from what I've read, but I haven't actually tried them out. I just picked them up in HD and they seem more compact than the previous X2 or 24 volt versions.

Not many single X3 tools on eBay right now - saw a circular saw and hammer drill I think. The kits must not be cheap enough yet to break down and sell for profit.
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by dmehak View Post
              So what would you guys do in my situation? Return the drill kit and pick up the 5 piece kit?
              If I could do it again, that's what I'd do. I live in Ontario and most saws I see on e-bay charge a fortune for shipping and handling. You could check e-bay and see what one would cost you and then decide.

Comment

Does anyone know if Ridgid did the same thing (only release the new line as a set, not individual tools) when they released the X2 line?

I'm wondering if in the future, when the X2 supply begins to dry up, if Ridgid will begin releasing the X3 tools individually to replace the individual X2 tools...

Comment

The only individual tools I ever saw from Ridgid were the MaxSelect, which are discontinued and sold out in Canada as of Fall 2007. Most of the X2 stuff was sold in kits - drill kit, drill and recip saw kit, drill and jigsaw kit, 4 piece, 5 piece, etc.

The autoshift is packaged with an old model impact and a new smaller radio(MaxSelect) which is only available in the kit. The new X3 5 piece kit is the only place to find the new lantern-style light which uses either 18 or 24 volt batts.

I would be willing to bet that the lantern and small radio are late introductions which were originally supposed to be part of the MaxSelect line. The smaller radio looks like a re-badged Ryobi, but the MP3 hook up seems keen.

I remember hearing at the time of the MaxSelect clear out that Ridgid was re-tooling(so to speak) and was only going to be selling tool combos. I don't know if the X3 scenario is the first wave of that or not, but it sure looks like it.

Unless you just want the drill, you gotta buy the 5 piece kit(which my local store does not have) or go trolling on eBay.....
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Just to follow-up on this...

I ended up purchasing the 5 piece X3 combo kit for $399 (regular $499). I had really only set my sights on the X3 drill/driver kit to begin with, but I know further down the road I'm going to need that impact wrench.

The circular saw will be replacing an old cordless Black and Decker one I have, and the cordless reciprocating saw should be convenient (currently have corded Dewalt model).

Funny enough if Ridgid had of sold these tools individually; they would have ended up getting more money out of me in the end. At least this way I now have a full set of the latest and greatest from Ridgid.

Comment

Is there plan to release new version of cordless Jigsaw ?

I can't get hold of R883 anywhere including HD in the US
                      Is it possible to use R843 with the X3 battery as well ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
                        Is it possible to use R843 with the X3 battery as well
                        The US-spec X3 18V 3.0 Ah Li battery looks unchanged from the previously released 18V 3.0 Ah Li battery

Name:  a685f45101ad6a1890aa1e32df352b71.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  11.9 KB

I picked up my 18V 3.0 Ah Li batteries with a one-time marked down R86111 18V X2 hammerdrill kit for $100USD and sold the drill to prepare for a X3 kit. I like all of the X3's improvements to make the X3 power tools competitive to other manufacturers. All current Ridgid 18V batteries are compatible with current 18V Ridgid power tools and MaxSelect.

Comment

Working...
                        X