X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding Miter Saw problem

I have a 12" Ridgid sliding compound miter saw that I use in my home workshop. Although it is almost 2 years old it really has not seen that much use. Recently it sounded like the brake was on when I would press the on switch. I searched the forum and found that it may be the brushes and/or the motor has some sawdust in it. The brushes have a lot of life left, but there was quite a bit of sawdust to be cleaned out. The problem went away for a very short time then started again. I've cleaned these out several times, but now there is a very loud screeching sound...like a dry bearing. I can't determine the source of the sound, but have a feeling it is more in the blade bushing, or that area, vs the actual motor, but I could easily be wrong. Has anyone experienced this, and have a solution? I don't live close to a service center.

Thanks.

Re: Sliding Miter Saw problem

Sounds to me like the belt needs to be adjusted. Pull off the cover above the motor housing. You will need an allen rench to adjust the belt tension just follow the steps in your manual. It is only normal wear nothing to be concerneced about. Hope this helps.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill,

I did check the belt and it appeared to be alright, but I will check it again tonight and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Bill,

I tightened up the belt slightly and that did remove most of the noise. Thanks for the help.

Comment

My pleasure. I have the same saw and it doesnt take much to make the belt slip sometimes.

Comment

Working...
          X