X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Problem with LSA

I wanted to get some feedback from you guys before I call Ridgid and go nuts. I just came back from my local service center due to some problems with two of my batteries for my Impact gun. I use the impact gun as a driver for screws and bolts cause it's much smaller and easier to handle all day than my hammer drill. Two of the batteries after a full charge were only driving 2-3 lag bolts and then they were dead. This is into Pine with a predrilled pilot hole. I let them sit and then tried them out again on some Fir with 2 1/2" drywall screws to make some shelves. One battery got 9 screws, the other one got 11. I've taken both of these batteries into my service center and been told that they read just fine on the meter and there's nothing wrong with them???????? Huh? They also informed me that what I thought was a Lifetime Service Agreement as Ridgid so proudly advertises is only what they deem as the "lifetime of the tool" and it's projected life!!!! WHAT??? I went around to every Ridgid box, paparework, etc at the Home Depot and couldn't find a single reference to "this only applies to the projected lifetime of the tool" language on ANYTHING! I absolutely HATE being lied to or Mislead by some slick Marketing jack off that has probably only picked up one of these tools sitting around a shiny conference table to try to come up with a slogan. I've been really happy with my Ridgid stuff for the most part, but am starting to look at other brands due to this and a few other experiences.

I will qualify this by saying I have not gotten in touch with Ridgid themselves yet to get an explanation from them, but I was so angry I just had to vent. I'll keep you guys posted

Re: Possible Problem with LSA

from what i understand it does cover the tool, batteries, and charger.

i would suggest that you contact ridgid or go to a different service center.

you also need to bring in your impact tool, and charger. there could be an issue with either one causing the batttery problem.

i think you just got the brush off from that center.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick, I'm going to try that. That's why I wanted to say that I hadn't contacted Ridgid yet and didn't want to get too angry just yet.

Comment

in my one experience having a ridgid tool repaired, it went flawlessly. the repair shop i used even shipped the repaired tool to me at no charge.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

It is the lifetime of the registered owner regarding the LSA. So if you are the original owner, and still breathing, you should be OK. If you have a minute, PM me the service center (or put it up for all to see) and I'll pass the post along to the service manager. Sorry for the poor experience.

If you do go to another one, Rick is right. Take the whole system in. Sometimes a battery is just a symptom.

Comment

Probrand,

Thanks for the clarification. The lady was pretty much a B&$%h about it. I've taken several tools there before and they've been great, but a total pain this time. She even said "Yeah, people think it's for their lifetime, but if you thought you were gonna buy that impact gun and have it for 30 years, you're mistaken" I was taken back quite a bit by it. I love my Ridgid stuff and the LSA was a large part in my decision to buy, so I was a little put off by this. I will try to find the time to call Ridgid myself and get to the bottom of it. I've also had a few problems with the recent switch over to the new online "Toolbox" and some of my tools disappearing from there, so I'm trying to work it out.

The Service center is "Contractor Tool Repair" on Edgewater Dr. in Orlando. 407-292-2808. They've been great the other days I've been in there, maybe she was just having a bad day or misinformed about the program??

Comment

I appreciate your working through a frustrating situation. I've passed this post on to our service manager. Thanks for the support of RIDGID.

Comment

Excellent thread. It's good to see that someone with a bad experience comes on here to check things out, and then has the presence and rationale enough to keep a cool head, and get some input as to how to resolve the issue, rather than just coming on here and spouting off "Ridgid sucks" due to a simple mistake/miscommunication at a single repair center. Glad to see clear help was given, and hopefully all should work out fine.

Comment

Working...
                X