Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pretty Ballsy

Originally posted by workerbob View Post
    Can you explain to me how you would know the testing methods of other tool manufacturers, even Dewalts for that matter?
    Because I know some people who work in R&D there (Makita, B&D and Hilti).

Also, I mentioned drills and not all tools, please don't twist my statements, stay on topic. Makita would win a lot of runtime tests because of higher battery capacity (3.0 vs 2.2 Ah). Some Dewalt tools perform equal or better than Makita with lesser capacity battery, making them more efficient (DC411 vs BGA452, DC390 vs BSS610/611, BML184 vs DC527). Most magazine tests are runtime tests.

I'm not going to respond to any more of your posts becase you are just wasting my time. I'm tired of your trolling and pretentious expertise. This forum is full of armchair scientists like you and I'd rather spend time with my family than rebutting every troll post.

Watch this

Comment

Very adult of you Wartex. I hope everyone can see your true colors now that you resort to name calling because I ask you simple questions.

You clearly have your mind set in your choices and that is fine.

Comment

This Thread has run it's course! I think this is where it should end! It's no longer become constructive!..... Just my thought's?

Comment

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
          This Thread has run it's course! I think this is where it should end! It's no longer become constructive!..... Just my thought's?

I agree. Parties voiced their opinions and the talk has run dry. Time to close.

Comment

Originally posted by workerbob View Post
            You may not feel the PTI test is fair, but it is far more accurate and fair than what is going on in power tool tests so far. It is a standard of testing by an outside organization and not performed by the tool companies themselves.

People on this forum are even confused by UWO

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8684

Using UWO or Torque without guidelines to the testing is a waste of time. No matter which measurement is better you still cannot compare tools by either measurement without a testing standard.
            Workerbob,

Interesting link that you found and provided. Had a chance to look and read and, even though the posts are older, they were pertinent. Good to see some of the same guys still frequent this forum and still providing good information.

Comment

No offense, but it really doesn't seem that ballsy to me. Actually, it seems pretty normal. Every advertiser says their product is better, stronger, faster, heavier, lighter, bigger, smaller, etc, etc than the other guy's. Nothing new here.

Comment

Working...
              X