Pretty Ballsy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Ballsy

I stumbled across this today on Dewalt's website. Check it out. http://www.dewalt.com/dwassets/engli...ries/index.htm

Click on the XRP Lithium Ion and watch all the video clips. They are making some serious claims on there new drill!

Just curious as to what everyone thought about it.

Re: Pretty Ballsy

I watched them. I noticed that they only went head-to-head with the Makita, not the Milwaukee or the RIDGID. I wonder why that is? Probably because they didn't win or the difference was so marginal it was inconsequential.

On the other point (gear case, battery chemistry, etc.) I don't know enough details about all the brands to say they are better or not.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

You be the judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-djdG5Tcv40

Comment

This is there new line up. This new Drill is not even avaiable yet at most retailers. It looks like they are using the DCD950KX. I guess only time will tell if there new launch is worth anything??

Comment

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
          I stumbled across this today on Dewalt's website. Check it out. http://www.dewalt.com/dwassets/engli...ries/index.htm

Click on the XRP Lithium Ion and watch all the video clips. They are making some serious claims on there new drill!

Just curious as to what everyone thought about it.
          I watched the video in the beginning he said if you have a 10 yr old compound drill. Is that a blooper or did I hear it wrong, or is there such an animal out there as a compound drill. Maybe this guy was a sheetrock finisher before and he mixed joint compound mud with it. ( Compound Drill )

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmoman View Post
            I watched the video in the beginning he said if you have a 10 yr old compound drill. Is that a blooper or did I hear it wrong, or is there such an animal out there as a compound drill. Maybe this guy was a sheetrock finisher before and he mixed joint compound mud with it. ( Compound Drill )

He said Compact, not compound.

Comment

I'm sure they didn't compare to Ridgid because Ridgid would have won hands down.
              Remember that thread where I was talking about gearboxes, battery cells and body plastic and local "experts" bashed me. I posted that Dewalt uses higher quality materials before this video even existed.

Tinmack, Roadrashray and Badgerdave, I'm waiting.
              Last edited by DRC-Wartex; 02-12-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

One of my Dewalt die hard's showed this to me. I thought it was funny how the guy using the Makita in the "race" seems as if he's never used a drill before. Just an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  .... I noticed that they only went head-to-head with the Makita, not the Milwaukee or the RIDGID. I wonder why that is? Probably because they didn't win or the difference was so marginal it was inconsequential.
                  This is only a hunch here?? I have seen more and more makita show up out on the job sites then I think I've ever seen! I don't see many Ridgids, Bosch, Hitachi, Hilti's, or Milwaukee's where I work. SO my "hunch" is that they are going after Makita to gain back some lost market share?

Comment

This is only a hunch here?? I have seen more and more makita show up out on the job sites then I think I've ever seen! I don't see many Ridgids, Bosch, Hitachi, Hilti's, or Milwaukee's where I work. SO my "hunch" is that they are going after Makita to gain back some lost market share?

pretty much. Makita pioneered Li-ion so they made a big dent in Dewalt's market share (by comparing li-ion to NiCd), plus they make some specialty tools Dewalt'd doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      I watched them. I noticed that they only went head-to-head with the Makita, not the Milwaukee or the RIDGID. I wonder why that is? Probably because they didn't win or the difference was so marginal it was inconsequential.

On the other point (gear case, battery chemistry, etc.) I don't know enough details about all the brands to say they are better or not.
                      http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.p...sg31;topicseen

Comment

i wonder how it would stack up with the new X3

Comment

They're promoting their drill. Of course they're going to make it look good. I prefer the ergonomics of the Makita. A head to head test outside of a biased advertisement would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by satchel View Post
                            They're promoting their drill. Of course they're going to make it look good. I prefer the ergonomics of the Makita. A head to head test outside of a biased advertisement would be interesting.

Dewalt.com is promoting there drill for sure!! But they did a decent job of it by showing internals, drop tests, and a simple drill test. Or were you talking about drc's link??

Comment

Dewalt.com is promoting there drill for sure!! But they did a decent job of it by showing internals, drop tests, and a simple drill test. Or were you talking about drc's link??
                              The link for the video may be promotional for DW but the information about internal components, design, etc. can be useful for considering future power tool purchases.

Comment

Working...
                              X